When were your peers the most critical?

What grade?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What grade?

• 7th-8th
    • 9th-12th
    • College

Guest jollajolla

I'd have to say junior high was my lowest point. The people were awful.

I had delayed puberty as a result of gymnastics. Therfore, I didn't get acne until the summer after my junior year. I had never heard one comment, well directly to me, until once this year in college. Other than that, I have never had a traumatic experience or even a perpetual nag about my skin.

Guest Zitro

Now, I lost friends who turned all against me in a pack stalking/bullying me non-stop

cry.gif

I don't deserve this. I am a lamb, didn't hurt anyone.

Guest jollajolla
Now, I lost friends who turned all against me in a pack stalking/bullying me non-stop

cry.gif

I don't deserve this. I am a lamb, didn't hurt anyone.

Guest Avian

7th-8th for me. When my acne began to take off when I was 11, people obviously pointed it out. But once it started going out of control a few months later I think they realised that it really wasn't smart to point it out. So they stopped. (well, most of them)

Guest OrangeFlower

jollajolla

you come up with the coolest threads biggrin.gif

my peers were the worst in 7th grade. i had a nice group of friends in 6th grade and for some reason they turned on me the very next year.

junior high was hell. i wouldn't want to even teach these kids.

hugs for zitro wub.gif

i know what you mean about being the lamb-that was me in junior high. It started a major depression for me that my mom didn't even notice. she just thought i was very shy, had an attitude or both.

I think peers were the worst in junior high. That age where they first begin to go through puberty. Kids can be so cruel at this age, putting people down, bullying, and antagonizing, it's really sad. I'd really hate to be a junior high teacher having to deal with kids like this.

Sorry to hear about you being ganged up on like that zitro. For some reason wolves like to prey on the lambs.

High School was the worst for me. I didn't get acne until after grade 10, and I got bullied bad before that becasue I was so small and thin. When I got acne, it was brutal. What goes around comes around though, because when I see people from high school now, with the improvement from Accutane and working out, they want to be my freind. Fuck that noise.

i once had my head shaved in a "bowl" haircut and was mad fun of as a n 6th grader by an 8th grader

he said my bf and i looked alike

and then my bf beat that ass

I used to get bugged about my weight in grade 8 by a couple of my friends (mind you one was really fat and the other wasn't much bigger than me) but ever since then I started working out, from grade 8 to grade 10 I went from 140lbs to 180lbs lean. If something is used against me I take it and use it as my advantage, my motivation. Try it sometime, it works.

Guest Zitro

I talked to the librarian who took me to the assistant principal, I reported the little gang.

Im ok probably

Thanks.

Mind you it wasn't my hate, it was their ridicule that fueled me to want to personally better myself. I guess you can say they were "hating" on me.

Grade 7-8 was bad but grade 9 alone what the absolute worst.

During junor high i was like 5 feet and 170 pounds. I was one little fat kid. Grade 9 i was like 5'3 but the same weight.

Also i was a "late bloomer" so i felt very pressured. So i was a 170 pound little fat kid who had a high squeeky voice while my freidns were shaving.

My life would have been WAAAAY worse if i had acne.

But now in grade 11 im 5'10 and 158 pounds with a decent body :-D

Ive also noticed that i got made fun of WAAAY less.

Also because i schooled all teh bullies at guitar ;-)

I was a bit fat in middle school... lost 30 pounds in 2 months in 8th grade... from 8th to 9th I had severe acne... I grew a couple inches gained the weight back... i am 6'2 weigh 180 but i am fit now... and no more acne... for now..

I was a late bloomer as well. I was probably 5'4 or so in 7th grade, maybe 140 lbs. Didn't start growing facial hair really until 9th grade or so. Some kids had goatee's in like 8th grade! Between my junior and senior year I grew from 5'8 up to 6'3. It all came in one lump sum it seems.

Well I guess I got lucky. My acne was at its worst when I was in grade 8. People obviously noticed that I had a face full of pimples and sometimes couldnt stop staring at them, but no one really said anything. I had a good friend who kept making fun of me because of my acne, but it was just a joke that we had. She said I had so many pimples and I said that she was too tall and had a big butt (which was not true). Hahahaaa. There was only one occasion where a guy said that I was so ugly because I had so many pimples on my forehead. That realy hurt... sad.gif

Anyway, high school isnt bad at all. Everyone in my school is really nice, and no one has brought up anything about my acne.

hey erpatter dont ever say ur a late bloomer!!!!

Im 16 turning 17 now and im just starting to shave ever week and a half!!!!!

Plus i only have hair growing at my side burns, unde r tho nose and under my chin, THATS IT.

hey erpatter dont ever say ur a late bloomer!!!!

Im 16 turning 17 now and im just starting to shave ever week and a half!!!!!

Plus i only have hair growing at my side burns, unde r tho nose and under my chin, THATS IT.

Middle school was probably the worst period. People were overbearingly critical and superficial, and I myself only added to the problem. Still, made some good friends. I feel that it gets a lot better in high school. Most people start focusing on the future and interpersonal problems become more trivial.

I remember 7th grade as being the worst. At that time I was just beginning to get moderate acne. I had very mild acne in 5th and 6th grade. I don't think one person has ever said anything to me about my acne in high school - it's been a pretty smooth ride as far as bullying and name calling go. I guess people grow up.