Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi everyone.. ill make this short and sweet. basically, theres a month in between now and my prom, and i really want to reduce my post-accutane redmarks as much as possible. i know i should have posted this in the red mark forum, but im being selfish b/c im inquiring about some of the topicals and peels discussed in this forum and hoping ill receive a greater response here. anyways.. ive just begun using the 302 line (bar soap every night, drops 2x per week) and a mild, cream based retin-a on off nights. however, im curious about a) adding in a hydroquinone cream in the mornings and/or b) going for a mild peel of some sort at some time. ive only been off of accutane for 2-3wks at this point, which i know is really *really early for peels, but i was thinking maybe closer to my prom date (june 2nd). anyways, any input, opinions, information would be great! thanks in advance!

Lisa

You shouldn't be doing the ACV method until a few months after accutane at the least, and you defintiely shouldn't be doing acid peels for at least 4-6 months after accutane.

I'd recommend using emu oil with clarifying synergy in to fade red marks - I absolutely love the clarifying synergy - you can get it from Nature's Gift Amino-plex spray is also excellent at fading red marks - you can get this by PM-ing Richardskin. It is quite expensive, though - although no more so than 302 drops, and in my opinion, it's likely to be much more effective for you.

Good luck and enjoy your prom!

rossignol, I believe that if you add maybe 4 times more water than the vinegar your face wont get irritated or experience negative effects.

By the way. How is your Uni going? what are you majoring in?

thanks to Rossignol and MLAE for the replies.

Rossignol, i especially appreciate the time frames for the peels and ACV etc. from what ive read of your posts, youre quite careful about doing things the right way and avoiding causing more damage, so im going to stick by your recommendations. and thanks as well for the product recommendations. out of both the clarifying synergy and the aminoplex spray, which have you found to be more effective? cost shouldnt be a huge huge issue since im not a huge product junky (302 stuff is the first thing ive bought off the net), and i tend to use my products conservatively to make them last. thanks again for the reply, its much appreciated!

Lisa