Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

dairy, sugar, processed foods, refined carbs, grains, almonds, alcohol, trans fats, fast foods,... all i eat is lean meat, veg, fruit and walnuts, and i cant do it anymore, its too hard... cry.gif

Ahh thats too bad sad.gif, i feel ya.

Well, dont go back to a bad diet too soon, give it some more time add salmon, quinoa, armaonth, lentils etc all are good in my experience dont suffer by getting rid of all grains. Just stick to a good healthy diet and be happy in your self and i bet that u will get there :-).

I personally, have been 97% clear with diet like yours, and by using emu oil, mixed with manuka oil and LAVENDER OIL which is AMAZING! Before lavender i was breaking out like a mad man on fire! biggrin.gif

Give it a try.

Hope things look up,

Im sure that they will,

Tom.

O and with the emu oil mixed with manuka oil and lavender dont be affraid to put alot on, i do.

Tom

If it continues to not work then maybe your diet isn't the issue. Then you could start eating other things. Keep it healthy though wink.gif

diet is a brilliant way to cure acne and can be the cause for alot of people

unfortunatly i found that medication was the only way for me have you tried any?

A few tips:

1. Are you hungry all the time? If you are, you aren't eating enough or you may not be eating the right foods for your metabolic type. Try expanding your diet a little bit to include more nuts, olive oil and some red meat. Your diet sounds like you are not getting nearly enough fat.

2. Are you exercising? Exercise will improve your health and will help your acne.

3. Are you on any perscription medications? Many of them can cause all kinds of health problems that can lead to acne.

4. How are your stress levels? If you are stressed out all the time and are always worrying about how you look, nothing will help you until you resolve those emotional issues. Therapy can help and EFT (http://www.mercola.com/forms/eftcourse.htm) is a great way to deal with stress on your own.

Have you done any intestinal or liver cleansing? I tried to eat strictly for many years and I felt like blowing my brains out eventually, especially after starting a family, eating out with friends, etc.....

I found that cleansing really cleared me up. I'm not talking about staying on supplements forever and ever, either.

how about you try eating like a normal human being in pretty much every country besides 3rd world ones, and stop stressing so much while keeping your skin routine very basic?

dairy, sugar, processed foods, refined carbs, grains, almonds, alcohol, trans fats, fast foods,... all i eat is lean meat, veg, fruit and walnuts, and i cant do it anymore, its too hard... cry.gif

Wow, that was strict. However this is great and bad. It's bad becasue you still don't know what causes your acne(You may grow out of it like me), but at least you know that you can eat a lot more foods. Add in breads, dairy, etc... and see if there's any change. If you were allergic or sensitive to these foods and you even cut them out one week you would see a noticable difference if not in terms of acne but in overall health and feeling great. Diet never affected me either and don't believe that it's the cureall for everyone because it certainly isn't.

Based on my experiences on these boards, yes it works for most people, but not everyone. I do wonder about what you mean when you say "failed me" Do you mean that it didn't work at all? Or that it didn't clear you? Also, how long were doing this? Just as someone else mentioned what supplements and medications were you on as even with myself if I take a supplement that doesn't agree with me, I WILL break out despite it all ;-)

Otherwise, how severe is your acne? What types do you have (cystic, whiteheads, blackheads, pimples, etc)? How long have you had it? Are you a male or female? Oh and what skin care products or prescription topicals have you tried so far?

Wishing you the best =)

Thanks for all the support guys, hell, i need it!

i had a breakdown binge last night-- a load of strawberries, an apple, two pears, a plum (all unwashed) and a load of walnuts!!- not much of a binge is it.... i was killing for a chippy but i couldnt leave my room cuz i just squeed all my spots.

Still, i survived the breakdown, and wouldnt expect too bad a connsequence from my unwashed fruit and nut binge. eusa_pray.gif

It hard to give an accurate account of my diet, + how long for, cuz every couple weeks i read something new which majorly changes it...

Prior to the weekend i was having

*whole rolled organic oats for breakfast with rice milk

*sweet potato/dark green salad lunch

*brown rice/lentil/veggie dinner

with celery, avocado, apple, pear, almond, cashew, brazil, pumkin and sunflower snacks.

* i'll start a new post so it doesnt look too overwhelming to the eye.

But on the weekend i read Dr. C's paleo diet.

Since ive been having...

*salmon for breakfast with fruit

*beef salad for lunch

*beef/veggies for dinner

with walnut/avocado/celery/fruit snacks.

Now, ive only really been doing this for a couple of days, so obviously i cant comment on its results, but, with no grains or starchy carbs for two days, my sebum production didnt go down... and that was the killer.

i really hoped my sebum production would almost, stop, but it kept pumping out!! eusa_wall.gif thats what broke me down.

Now as for the rest of things,

my prior the weekend diet was maintainable, but i feel like such a weirdo cooking expensive salmon for breakfast in my uni kitchen. I mean, its one thing trying to justify expensive organic beef twice a day, but salmon for breakfast!!!- i would rather skip breakfast than have this salmon, its sooo unorthodox you feel like such a freak!!!

+ then there is spending half an hour cooking a beef salad at lunch redface.gif

No one at uni does this!!!!!!!!!!

Im thinking about going back to my whole rolled 100% organic oats with rice milk for breakfast. Then i could microwave some fish for lunch with a salad, and have the beef for dinner-- this would be much more comfortable and sustainable!!

As for supplemtents, i take acidophilus because i used to take minocin, flaxoil, alfalfa and milk thistle and now ive just stated taking a high dose tablet of vit C, A, E and selenium.

Im 18 btw.

I will just have to find the strength to pursue this diet, because ive not given it a faor chance yet.... and ive seen good results so far, my chest and back are almost 100% clear, and my face is better than it was on minocin and BP.

I would go with Denise2's suggestion and try a liverflush. If you are experiencing hormonal problems, (and by the sounds of it diet might not be the main problem) then your liver will not be breaking down the excess hormones efficiently resulting in your skin being adversely effected. The milk thistle you are taking will definately help in strengthening your liver and flushing it to a degree over time, but a detox and liver flush may also be extremely beneficial to you.

Balancing your hormones will also be something you will need if you do have a hormonal problem. Are you male or female? - agnus castus (also called vitex and chasteberry) is the way to go if you are female and saw palmetto if you are male.

However, this said, you are still young and probably in the full swing of the teen acne thing, in which case there is a very good chance you will grow out of it in a year or so - I know this is a not much comfort when you are covered in zits and just want rid so you can go and party like all your clear skinned friends, but things will get better and there are loads of things you can try to help minimise it in the meantime.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Im male. Saw Palmetta... not sure about that, isnt it 1000xs WEAKER than spiro, surely, id just be better taking spiro?

And as for the flush, sounds all well and good, but once the detox is complete, once i resume eating again, it will retox, wouldnt it? so what the point?

Whats spiro? I have heard it mentioned a couple a times but have never been sure what it is exactly....

Yeah, course you would, but slowly over a much longer period of time. It takes a few days to release toxins that have been built up over a period of years, so the effects of a detox would last a while and the effects of retoxing would be cumulative over time. The key is to keep on top of it so that you never allow your body to get to the level of toxicity where it starts to effect your body and skin. Once you have removed the majority of toxins from your system you would in theory have to do only two maintenance detoxes per year. I have just completed my first and I feel that I have a way to go before I feel completely happy with my non-toxicity (if you know what I mean!), but my skin is lookin and feelin ace and its been a week so far since I completed.

From my experience, once you do a detox, it is such an intense experience and has such a profound effect both mentally and physically (esp if you do a fasting one) that you can't imagine detoxing not being a part of your life from then on...it has certainly been a revelation for me and something that I look forward to doing again.

Spiro... i dont have an exhaustive explanation of what exactly it is, i just know sweetjade used to take it, -with remarkabel success, its used for balancing hormones and its over a 1000 times stronger than saw palmetto. Perhaps its something i should look at, but as you can see, there isnt much point in taking saw palmetto.

As for detoxing... so you would recommend it? eusa_think.gif its definately something id reluctantly consider.

You have had good success with it?

what does it involve exactly and is it practical?- i mean, im not prepared to go to the lengths of drinking veggie juice for three days, thats just beyond me im afraid.

I would definately recommend detoxing...why do you think three days of just veggie and fruit juice would be beyond you? Admittedly, its not a walk in the park and the first day is the worst for hunger pangs, but after that you get used to it and kinda get into it - your body starts to produce appetite suppressants after the first day anyway. If you really don't think you could do a juice fast then unfortunately you will not be able to experience the benefits of detoxing on such a dramatic level, as this is what you need to do to shift your body from digestion mode into cleansing mode - just an unavoidable part of the process I'm afraid! I really did'nt find it as hard as I thought I was going to and I think it helps to view the whole process as mental and phsyical challenge, afterall millions of people all over the world are set exactly this challenge on a daily basis and any choice in the matter is completely out of their hands. I felt that it would be enlightening to put myself in this position so I could understand how it feels for those who have to deal with the horror of enforced starvation for an awful lot longer than just a few days - we tend to forget how privelidged we are in our developed world. Please don't think I am trying to guilt trip you here, I'm not, and I know how hard it is to do without food for even a day, but it is possible.

My detox was a three dayer - I decided to keep it short and sweet as it was my first one.

Day one: Drank only water with freshly squeezes organic lemon juice (lots and lots), and herbal teas with milk thistle tincture.

Day two: same again but did a slatflush for candida on this day. Not strictly necessary, but if you don't do a salt flush at any point you would be wise to do a colon cleanse (loads of different ones available) to remove the toxins that are being released into your system. Also I had some friut after my day of saltflushing as I felt pretty shakey and felt that I needed to eat something.

Day three: same again, but ate fruit throughout the day and then had a meal of organic brown rice (which is meant to absorb toxins from bowel) stemed veg and some raw carrots. Still lots of water with lemon, herbal teas and milk thistle.

By day four I was eating again, but only healthy stuff like the brown rice and veg. As you can see I did a combo of complete fasting and then ramped it up to include some fruit and then a full meal on day three. I did what felt right for my body - there are lots of different detoxes out there from eating nothing at all for days on end, to supporting yourself nutritionally with easily digested fruit and veggie juices throughout. It is worth knowing however that the fastest release of toxins comes from fasting and giving your digestive system a break. If you do decide to go ahead and do one be prepared for a spell of illness and a possible healing crisis from the toxins. It would be worth taking some time off whatever committments you have to do this as the you can get quite ill - I did. So no, I soppose it is'nt terribly practical.

However, if you really don't think you can handle a fast, maybe a liver flush would be easier for you to stomach (scuse the pun!). I have never tried it myself, but I have heard that is works wonders and does not involve days of purging your system.

Hope this helps you decide!! biggrin.gif

.. and be patient with yourself.  you're trying to make positive changes with regard to your health and i think that deserves a lot of praise!!   eusa_clap.gif  smile.gif

Im thinking about going back to my whole rolled 100% organic oats with rice milk for breakfast. Then i could microwave some fish for lunch with a salad, and have the beef for dinner-- this would be much more comfortable and sustainable!!

As for supplemtents, i take acidophilus because i used to take minocin, flaxoil, alfalfa and milk thistle and now ive just stated taking a high dose tablet of vit C, A, E and selenium.

Im 18 btw.

I will just have to find the strength to pursue this diet, because ive not given it a faor chance yet.... and ive seen good results so far, my chest and back are almost 100% clear, and my face is better than it was on minocin and BP.