Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using the Alpha hydroxy Lotion for about 4 months now together with B5, and I'm pretty much acne free except for one pimple occasionally. My red marks are also as close to vanished as well.

Since spring time is around the corner, I was hoping to get some color in my cheeks, but since I've been using glycolig acid I'm wondering how long I should wait after I've stopped using the AHA before I can start to do some sunbathing?

I read that one should be very careful with exposing oneself to the sun while using any AHA on a daily basis.

You definitely don't want to be in the sun after using AHA. I'd reccomend keeping out of the sun for at least a week after you discontine using it, maybe longer. Try going out into the sun for a little while at a time, maybe 15 - half an hour and see how your skin handles it, then increase it if you skin doesn't react badly.

Speaking from experience, after using various acids and peels for many years, my skin is much more sensitive and I find that brown age spots develop much more quickly than they used to. So in the summer, I try to stop all chemical peels.