Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi Guys,

Ok, so i've been done about ummm a month and a week. Honestly, i'm not keeping count. I'm still 100% clear. Good times. I'm set to start the Retin A in another month. I was up the other night flipping the tv channels and I saw a whole segment by an American derm talking about Retin A. He said that it's the only product on the market that completely restructures the skin's collagen production and composition. He calls it the only fountain of youth known to man. Interesting. I look forward to starting the Retin A treatment, I look forward to the peeling.

My episode of extremely itchy legs has improved. I used the Neutrogena face moisturizer sample on my legs, and it did wonders. Other than that, i'm very happy. My confidence is back and 10x more. I'm so glad I did the accutane. I wish I had done it 3 years ago. I have my life back and am making plans again. Life is good for the most part.

Yesterday I had my first drink in 8 months, though. It did not go well. I had stomach craps and vomitting. Maybe my liver isn't ready for that stress just yet.

Anyway, keep me up to date on what's going on people.

Love you always and forever,

GO wub.gif

Oo, and i reluctantly changed make-up. From Revlon to Mac Studio Tech. At first the Mac make-up seemed sticky but it matched my skin colour perfectly. Now I really like it. I've had it for almost a week. No breaking out. It moisturizes my skin and I did the sleepover test and it worked. I slept in the make-up for two nights in a row and nothing. Goodtimes!!! biggrin.gif

Another comment, I believe my oil production is back. I think it's probably as it was before the tane. But, I have no blemishes. I remember people in high school having oil but no lesions. I can deal with that smile.gif

Oo, and i reluctantly changed make-up. From Revlon to Mac Studio Tech. At first the Mac make-up seemed sticky but it matched my skin colour perfectly. Now I really like it. I've had it for almost a week. No breaking out. It moisturizes my skin and I did the sleepover test and it worked. I slept in the make-up for two nights in a row and nothing. Goodtimes!!!  biggrin.gif

Another comment, I believe my oil production is back. I think it's probably as it was before the tane. But, I have no blemishes. I remember people in high school having oil but no lesions. I can deal with that smile.gif

Hey girl, thanks for the update!! I'm so excited that you've stayed clear for that long. I can only hope that happens to me! I just finished up, but I am still seeming to get a couple every now and then... but maybe post-Tane I'll just keep seeing improvement smile.gif

Glad to hear you solved the dry skin problem! And about the oiliness, yeah it's got to be MUCH better without the breakouts right! I've heard really good things about the MAC pressed powder for blotting oiliness. I use MAC StudioFix (have used it since 9th grade) and always had success with it too. I had my makeup done at Christmas by MAC (I was almost done 2 months of Tane at the time), and the chick used StudioTech... my skin looked flawless with that stuff, it was amazing!

I'm so excited to join the post-Tane club with you and Arp!! eeee!

Mae

Go-

Congrats on your update! I am so happy for you!!!! Clear skin, Ugh- I want it so bad!

Retin A Micro is excellant, you are going to love it! Keep counting down the days- it'll be here before you know it. My skin texture is amazing since using retin-a micro. I mean, yeahyeah- Im still breaking out but I really think my hormones are the culprit. I have no idea.

I would love to see pics, if you want to post them. I bet that your skin looks beautiful. MAC is my favorite make up, personally. I think you'll really love it.

Im gonna get a different Avatar (is that the word?) that actually shows my face, but i was spinnin around in a parking lot the other night, and a friend caught me mid-spin and took the pic i have posted. I thought it was the perfect pic to post in the acne forum.. Like- Yeah this is how i wish I could walk around! Haha.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the kind words. I would love to post pics but they come out looking too good and I know that the flaws won't be obvious. I find that digital cameras are very forgiving. LOL. Not a bad thing I guess.

Guest Craigems

GO i dont really need to comment, cept YOUR PART OF THE SEXY CLUB WITH MAE AND whoever finished tane.

that is all. oh and cool biggrin.gif

Congarts GO! Well, ease yourself into the drinking thing. Your liver should be fine if all the blood tests were normal. Probably, your body was just not used to alcohol, since it had not ingested it for so long.

Congrats and keep us updated on how things go as you move forward.

Oo, and i reluctantly changed make-up. From Revlon to Mac Studio Tech. At first the Mac make-up seemed sticky but it matched my skin colour perfectly. Now I really like it. I've had it for almost a week. No breaking out. It moisturizes my skin and I did the sleepover test and it worked. I slept in the make-up for two nights in a row and nothing. Goodtimes!!!  biggrin.gif

congratulations, GO:

so good to hear success stories like yours. i am in the middle of what is turning out to be the never-ending story of 'initial' breakouts. i am convinced that accutane will eventually work though, thanks to positive experiences like yours and your posting about them. so thanks again. and damn girl, get working on holding your liquor, cause you deserve a bottle of crystal!

Congratulations, it must feel like a total weight lifted off your shoulders feeling confident again. Liberating is the word that comes to mind. go girl!!!

DO you know if MAC makeup is available in Australia and if so does anyone know where to get it andhow much it is? It sounds really really good so I would love to try it. I have always used Revlon. Why are you able to sleep in it? Wouldn't that be really bad?