Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne101

proactive commercials are annoying

anyone ever see those commercials where jessica simpson, and P. Diddy blab on about how they had bad acne, then they show photos, and they have like 2 bumps, that ar little as heck, proactiv has to be the most casual acne system ever, if it only gets rid of their acne. i wish jessica, and diddy knew what real acne was, cause its certainly not what they have.

i know right it makes me so mad.i think the ppl without acne think proactive is a cure for acne. i just cant believe how they can lie like that.and those two derms that made it i would love to give them a piece of my mind.

ProActiv cleared my skin.

I do agree those infomercials are annoying though. The skin care program is not just for Acne prone skin though it's a overall good skin care system for healthy looking skin, that's why they try to advertise it in as many ways as possible, incorporating celebrities, because they want everyone, even people with only a pimple a week getting on their system, it's business.

Yeah it is annoying

my friend IM'd me recently and told me if I knew anything about ProActiv, because she saw a commercial on TV and people there were clear.

I wanted to kill her but I just said that it didn't do a shit.

they're spending a lot of money to promote that shit. Jessica Simpson, P. Diddy, Vanessa Williams - and recently I was Alicia Keys on a PROACTIV ad. whoah.

Proactiv works for me actually. I just have a weird tendancy to send for more when I run out and that's when I break out.

Jessica and P. Diddy didnt have it bad but my future lover Alicia Keys did.

it pisses me off when jessica simpson comes on the advert, and shows those pics of her...wtf there is nothing there...

Guest Amy Lee

Acne commercials, not just Proactiv, are annoying mainly because I have acne. Second, is that some are so, how do we call it, exaggerated? And advertising can be a false marketing.

Differn looks horrible (Side effects) yuck. I haven't yet seen the Zapzyt one yet, but the Skin Care industry is picking up on acne thats for sure.

anyone ever see those commercials where jessica simpson, and P. Diddy blab on about how they had bad acne, then they show photos, and they have like 2 bumps, that ar little as heck, proactiv has to be the most casual acne system ever, if it only gets rid of their acne. i wish jessica, and diddy knew what real acne was, cause its certainly not what they have.

I know many are annoyed by the fact that Proactive commercials act like they are the cure for acne which is clearly not true. But there is a good side to the proactive commercials. This good side is that it causes greater awareness that acne is a disease and is not caused by dirt or not washing your face. People with acne do struggle with it and try alot of stuff but most do not work. It also helps ppl with acne feel more normal knowing even some celebrities have/had acne and have to deal wit it.

What's really annoying is that they prey on those poor suffering people with acne, and the show their product to be pretty much a cure all, and the people with ance end up fucked worse than before.

i think acne commercials have brought the issue to the forefront and made people a little bit more sensitive to the issue

however i do agree that using jessica simpson, alicia keys, vanessa williams, and diddy somehow makes the issue more vacant.