Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have body dysmorphic disorder. It's hell. I'm so confused because I really don't know what or who I am. People ridicule my looks and break me down telling me that the reason I have no friends is because people run away from me because of how ugly I look. (keep in mind i'm 20 now and in college). This isnt only because of my acne, its because

1) My head is too small for my body

2) My forehead is too large for my small head

3) My eyes are beady and buried deep within my skull

4) My acne

5) I'm short at 5 foot 9 1/2"

6) I have shorter legs compared to the rest of my body

7) My nose looks like a boxers nose (like my face has been punched repeatidly)

8) One of my ears is pointy and the other isnt.

9) I have a weak jaw bone

10) I have veiny arms because my body is beyond ripped (i work out to compensate for my uglyness)

The list can go on and on. But the fact is, don't get BDD. I've never been tested and I'm not on anything. I'm the type of person who has repeatidly wanted to attempt suicide and has gone through with it twice without success.

This is taken from another post on the subject. Sadly, I exhibit every single sign/symptom from the list.

-------------------------------------

Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) is characterized by an excessive preoccupation with a real or imagined defect in one's own physical appearance. People with BDD have a distorted or exaggerated view of how they look and are obsessed with actual physical characteristics or perceived flaws, such as a certain facial feature or imperfections of the skin. They often think of themselves as ugly or disfigured. People with the disorder often have problems controlling negative thoughts about their appearance, even when reassured by others that they look fine and that the minor or perceived flaws aren't noticeable or excessive.

Body dysmorphic disorder causes people excessive anxiety and distress, often impairing their social life and performance at school or work. People with BDD may find it difficult to meet new people or make friends because of intense fear that their appearance might be judged in a negative way. In severe cases of BDD, a person may severely limit contact with other people in an attempt to avoid having others see the perceived physical flaw.

Guest Avian

A few people here have or have had body dysmorphic disorder. You should be evaluated and treated for it, there's no reason to live like that, especially at such an important time in your life. Remember, the flaws you perceive in yourself aren't real - your brain is making them up.

A few people here have or have had body dysmorphic disorder. You should be evaluated and treated for it, there's no reason to live like that, especially at such an important time in your life. Remember, the flaws you perceive in yourself aren't real - your brain is making them up.

Guest Avian

Dude, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your appearance at all. And I'm not just saying it, I'm being sincere. You're good-looking, you know. I agree, ugly people do exist, but you're not one of them.

As I said, it's all in your own mind. People will look at these pictures and, like I have done, say there's nothing wrong. Now it's up to you to get rid of BDD, then you can see yourself truthfully.

i didnt have the pictures before because i was on another computer, but here we go.... tell me, i see these flaws right? And I've heard them from others, so obviously they exsist and have ugly. The word ugly HAS to exsist and ugly people have to exsist in a society in order for their to be a hierarchy of what is beautiful and what isn't. We know beauty is out there, and I'm just on the other end of the spectrum balancing out the way of the world is how I see it.

[attachmentid=1135][attachmentid=1136]

Dude, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your appearance at all. And I'm not just saying it, I'm being sincere. You're good-looking, you know. I agree, ugly people do exist, but you're not one of them.

I think you do suffer with BDD solely because from your pic there is nothing wrong with you in fact wub.gif (i do not just give the wub.gif smily out btw)

7) My nose looks like a boxers nose (like my face has been punched repeatidly)

You look like a normal guy to me, cept with acne. Don't let the acne ruin your entire self-image. Once the acne is gone you'll look as good as any other guy, at least from another guy's pov. Don't try and figure out what girls want, cause every girl wants something different in a guy.

im 5"1 1/2 i'd kill to be 5"9

if even keep this terrible acne for another year to be 5"9 1/2