Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well i have mild scarring from acne and i have sme shallow scars as well as red marks.I found a tca peel on ebay but its 50 percent is that a good idea to use 50 percent my first time please let me know.

i was thinking this

ebay listing

Hi Lexy,

TCA is extremely potent and you can seriously burn or injure (scar) your skin by doing a full face 50% peel. If you're going to dilute the TCA, I'd definitely start at a lower concentration (maybe 5-10%) and work your way up. Even then, most people don't go over 20-25%.

Most people who are using full strength 50% - 100% TCA are doing spot treatment for individual scarring. More information is located in the FAQ thread at the top.

You might also want to consider doing a lower level lactic and glycolic peel. They're a bit less aggressive than TCA, but definitely a lot safer. I'd definitely recommend working your way up.

Good Luck!

Hi Lexy,

TCA is extremely potent and you can seriously burn or injure (scar) your skin by doing a full face 50% peel. If you're going to dilute the TCA, I'd definitely start at a lower concentration (maybe 5-10%) and work your way up. Even then, most people don't go over 20-25%.

Most people who are using full strength 50% - 100% TCA are doing spot treatment for individual scarring. More information is located at the FAQ thread at the top.

You might also want to consider doing a lower level lactic and glycolic peel. They're a bit less aggressive than TCA, but definitely a lot safer. I'd definitely recommend working your way up.

Good Luck!

Hello Lexy,

I am glad you're reconsidering and starting off with the glycolic acid first. If this is your first time with peels, I'd start off with a low concentration 10-20% then work your way up.

I've gone to an Aesthetician for a few years and I stick around 30-50% glycolic acid. I guess it depends how sensitive your skin is too. But I'd rather start off with a low percentage, than high and get burnt or creating more scars.

Also, you might want to perform a test spot. Just to see how your skin is handling the solution.

Hello Lexy,

I am glad you're reconsidering and starting off with the glycolic acid first. If this is your first time with peels, I'd start off with a low concentration 10-20% then work your way up.

I've gone to an Aesthetician for a few years and I stick around 30-50% glycolic acid. I guess it depends how sensitive your skin is too. But I'd rather start off with a low percentage, than high and get burnt or creating more scars.

Also, you might want to perform a test spot. Just to see how your skin is handling the solution.

well i have used one of those at home ones you can buy at the drug store so there about 10 and it did nothing so i guess i could handle 20  thanx

Neutrogena home peels claims their is equivalent to 20%.... I believe with the final abrasion step with the beads, it probably is as safe as you can get.

i went out and bought the neutrogena advanced solutions peel so i will see how that works.Its 20 percent as you said so i will post my progress.I dont get why it says once to two times a week when everyone says only once.