Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

every night i get around 6 hours of sleep and i was wondering if this could have any bad effects on my skin

P.S. Im 16 years old if it makes any differance

Lack of sleep, poor sleeping patterns, and working the night shift are all possible acne agrivators.

Sleep and your skin. The simplest good deed you can do for your skin may surprise you: sleep! Scientists and mothers around the world agree that a good night’s sleep  at least eight hours  can do wonders for your complexion. How? A healthy, well-rested body has the resources to build a strong immune system. While a robust immune system won’t prevent acne altogether, it can help fight infection so your lesions clear up more quickly. Luckily, your body isn’t picky; uninterrupted sleep in the daytime is just as beneficial. So if you work late, sleep late  and try to maintain a regular schedule.

It's kind of interesting after I changed my diet my sleep schedule is pretty routine. I have no caffine in my system to keep me awake, and I eat at the same times almost every day. Now I go to sleep at the same time and fall asleep within 10 minutes.

I notice that if I dont get enough sleep then my skin does start to look terrible. It will start to break out. I also have to drink water every day. Even if I drink pop i have to drink water too!