Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know I can't be alone on some of the feelings that I have....have you ever been watching your tv...and see some stupid acne commercial that's all "yaye, we used this product and now everything is great....lets jump around and smile really big...woo hoo"...I've fought the feeling of just pushing over my tv and kicking the screen in...I've tried about every single stupid product on the market...proactive...murad...anything you can get at a drugstore or walmart....bp based products don't help...I've tried differen (sp)...I've tried to fight my acne from the inside out..nature's cure pills...now some type of "acne pills" that my mother got me that are like 30 dollars a bottle...(by the way...they aren't doing crap)....I've tried products only for acne...not for acne...used products that promise that they won't clog your pores...blah blah blah...you get where I'm going....I just get so pissed off...I don't have like "horrible" acne...but I just hate the fact acne carries, what I guess you can call, a stereotype that we are not clean, we eat too much greasy food, that we are just too "stupid" to get some product in a drugstore to magically fix our "problem"....I look at people with clear skin, I'm sorry, I'm a really nice and peaceful person...I'm just at the breaking point, I get so jealous....I wish that I could just go out without makeup...the first, and i'm serious, thing I do in the morning is touch my face to see if I have any new acne! I don't want to be bitter about this...I love the person I am...I'm just 19...I should be "growing out" (and I know that isn't true...acne can be life long) of this...I just wish I could figure out that I should use...but I've used about everything...all that's really left is accutane or getting on birth control...and I don't want to go to that level....I guess that this will be a problem for me most of my life and maybe I should just learn to deal with it....I just hate the fact that clear skin comes so easy for some people but is a constant battle for me....*sigh*....well, I feel a little better...sorta...

=( sorry I feel your pain

i started having acne after I graduated hs at 18 and im 28 and still ahve it =(

some times ive been crying etc but i dunno i have to live with it for now until they find a cure or something

I thought i'd outgrow it ........and frankly i was wondering why i was getting it at my age =(

just wanted to let ya know your not alone in this smile.gif

i know this won't really cure your acne i just hope it makes you feel somewhat better

=( sorry I feel your pain

i started having acne after I graduated hs at 18 and im 28 and still ahve it =(

some times ive been crying etc but i dunno i have to live with it for now until they find a cure or something

I thought i'd outgrow it ........and frankly i was wondering why i was getting it at my age =(

just wanted to let ya know your not alone in this  smile.gif

i know this won't really cure your acne i just hope it makes you feel somewhat better

You aren't alone. At all.

My skin is a big problem to me. I would be a happy person, but instead I'm such fixated on my skin that it has taken over my life & it has made me be a complete bitch to other people including the ones I love. It's not fair that we have to go through this bs. Just don't give up & lose hope.

Everyone I'm sure sometime or another has had some kind of skin issue.. so chances are people aren't looking at our skin, they see past what we ONLY see. But I know it's hard to not think that everyone is staring at your skin.

You have to remember that in magazines.. It's all airbrushed. People on tv.. They are wearing a ton of makeup.

Sooner or later you will have your clear skin back. I'm not givin up. So you better not! smile.gif

Lauren

i know this is the emotional effects of acne board, but have you tried evening primrose oil of flax seed oil? the only people (it seems) who i've heard to be totally clear are the flax seed oil crowd. and that christine. it makes the oil that's coming out of your pores less firm, and less likely to clog.

i know this is the emotional effects of acne board, but have you tried evening primrose oil of flax seed oil?  the only people (it seems) who i've heard to be totally clear are the flax seed oil crowd.  and that christine.  it makes the oil that's coming out of your pores less firm, and less likely to clog.