Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Right now I'm on ProActiv, but it isn't doing nearly what I expected. I'm still debating on whether or not to switch to Dan's regimen or stay with ProActiv through this next 2 months. I have patience and nothing but time, so as long as I'm confident that I can see results, I can stick to any type of treatment.

So what I'm wondering is if these products would work for me. For the cleanser I have Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Wash, for a moisturizer I have Oil-Free Moisture with SPF 15 (ProActiv), and for the BP gel I have the 2.5% Repairing Lotion, also from ProActiv.

So what I'm wondering is if I can use this mix-match of different products for Dan's Regimen. I can always go out and get specific things, but this would be very convienent.

Thanks in advance.

- CaN 0

Right now I'm on ProActiv, but it isn't doing nearly what I expected. I'm still debating on whether or not to switch to Dan's regimen or stay with ProActiv through this next 2 months. I have patience and nothing but time, so as long as I'm confident that I can see results, I can stick to any type of treatment.

So what I'm wondering is if these products would work for me. For the cleanser I have Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Wash, for a moisturizer I have Oil-Free Moisture with SPF 15 (ProActiv), and for the BP gel I have the 2.5% Repairing Lotion, also from ProActiv.

So what I'm wondering is if I can use this mix-match of different products for Dan's Regimen. I can always go out and get specific things, but this would be very convienent.

Thanks in advance.

- CaN 0

Thanks in advance.

- CaN 0

Thanks for the input guys, looks like I'll be using my ProActiv supplies to do Dan's Regimen.

Revolution, would it be too much trouble to list out your daily routine and what products you use? That would be very helpful.

Much appreciated.

EDIT: I'm also going to pick up some AHA from Walgreens for the Milia on my chin, have you had experience with using this with your regimen?

- CaN 0

What I'm saying is, in Dan's Regimen, you want to supplement what he uses but with your ProActiv. So, the cleanser bar he uses would be replaced with the Renewing Cleanser, the Toner would remain as it is, I'll show you when to use it, and the Repairing Lotion will be used as the BP Gel.

So.

Start off by cleansing.

Gently Pat Dry.

Immediately Apply Toner, use a cotton swab or fold up a soft paper towel and pour it on that.

Apply moisturiser once toner dries.

Wait until it is absorbed (15-20M)

Gently and slowly apply the BP handling one aprt of your face at a time until it is absorbed and then move on to the next. (If you are still new to BP use just enough to cover your areas, but if you have adjusted to the BP, use a nice generous amount and smooth it in.

Wait 15-20M

Apply moisturiser again.

Now when you apply the creams, make sure you gently smooth it into your skin until it is absorbed enough until you can't smooth it in any more without rubbing your skin, then wait it out and let the rest on the surface absorb, that's the trick. This can take anywhere from 2 to 5 to 10 minutes depending on how large the area is (neck, bottom half of face, entire face, etc) If you have dry skin, make sure you apply the moisturiser twice like as above, if you don't you can cut out the moisturiser before the BP and just use it at the end however when you use a lot of BP your skin will become dry and this way of using the moisturiser ensures your skin does not become dry while applying the BP or irritated.

All above (with the ProActiv Kit) is what worked for me and cleared my skin. I used Dan's Regimen, but my own products.

Thanks for the input guys, looks like I'll be using my ProActiv supplies to do Dan's Regimen.

Revolution, would it be too much trouble to list out your daily routine and what products you use? That would be very helpful.

Much appreciated.

EDIT: I'm also going to pick up some AHA from Walgreens for the Milia on my chin, have you had experience with using this with your regimen?

- CaN 0

Also, on the dry skin, once you completely adjust to the large amount of BP (it can take up to 4 weeks) your skin will balance out and it's natural moisture will return, however, this will only happen if you moisturise every single day, twice a day, in the morning and in the evening. Aslong as your on BP, your skin should always be moisturised.

Thanks Revolution, it really helped me out.

I've been on ProActiv for 2 months and am pretty much used the the BP. I use the moisturizer once in the morning after letting the BP dry. Dry skin isn't a big of a problem for me, and the moisturizer keeps it that way.

I'm going to get the AHA because I've had the same stubborn little patch for at least a year, combined with the Milia I have on my chin, it just all adds up to me wanting to take care of it. Hopefully as I ease my way into AHA it'll slowly clear up.

I think one of my problems with my previous way was patience, I wouldn't rub the BP in or let it set in, I would just apply it.

A quick question about the Cleanser, do you rub it on like the BP gel (very lightly), or do you scrub?

- CaN 0

I've been on ProActiv for 2 months and am pretty much used the the BP. I use the moisturizer once in the morning after letting the BP dry. Dry skin isn't a big of a problem for me, and the moisturizer keeps it that way.

I'm going to get the AHA because I've had the same stubborn little patch for at least a year, combined with the Milia I have on my chin, it just all adds up to me wanting to take care of it. Hopefully as I ease my way into AHA it'll slowly clear up.

I think one of my problems with my previous way was patience, I wouldn't rub the BP in or let it set in, I would just apply it.

A quick question about the Cleanser, do you rub it on like the BP gel (very lightly), or do you scrub?

- CaN 0

- CaN 0

DON'T SCRUB.

This is so important in everything related to skin care, you always must be gentle with it. Scrubbing just irritates your skin, you must gently take the cleanser and smooth it around your entire face and then in slow soft gentle circular motions gently remove the dead skin cells and all that junk, you will feel it working, but you must be very gentle, and don't cleanse any longer than a minute, I cleanse for around 30-45 seconds, and then immediately rinse thoroughly with warm water and make sure when you rinse (if your not in the shower) to rinse around your ears and your sideburns too because thats where some of the cleanser and dead skin will get pushed and it will just remain there so make sure you also rinse down the sideburns and behind your ears all the way around across your jawbone. Final your rinse with a splash of cold water, gently pat dry, and move on to your next step (toner).

Also if you are shaving that day, use the cleanser in the shower, once your done in the shower, shave how you always do, then use the cleanser again for about 10-15 seconds and rinse, then move on to the toner and so forth.

These techniques work.

I find the proactiv cleanser dries my skin out to much because it also has the BP in it its like a double wammy does this not happen for you Revolution?