Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kkhajavi

Seal and Heidi Klum

I met Heidi Klum 2 yrs ago and she was, shockingly, not that great looking! Like her hair was limp and sticking to her head, no makeup, hideous outfit that involved cheetah print, it was strange.

I've always wondered do you think Larry the Cable Guy (blue comedy tour) gets girls?? The guy is overweight and always looks dirty and his comedy is grotesque but he does have that fame and money thing going for sure. Just a thought that crossed my mind...

I met Heidi Klum 2 yrs ago and she was, shockingly, not that great looking! Like her hair was limp and sticking to her head, no makeup, hideous outfit that involved cheetah print, it was strange.

yes get over rich and famous people already

they are in a class of their own called celebs, and i can't believe this thread got more replies than some of the others that actually need help with a question

what a shame, and shame on me for posting in this thread

scars dont make you more attractive, and it is even much more difficult to find a partner, but it is not impossible. Klum and Seal are only one single example.

The point is: do you worry all the time about my scars and listen to the voices that try to make you feel bad, or do you look for these people who dont care about scars?

It is your choice...

Seal has some of the most disfiguring scars that I think I have ever seen on a man's face yet he is still marrying arguably on of the most attractive women in the world.....makes you think

It just goes to show you that there is more to a book than the cover. In fact, the very best part of the book is what's inside. Yes, very cliche, but also very true. I think it's great that love can be blind.

scars dont make you more attractive, and it is even much more difficult to find a partner, but it is not impossible. Klum and Seal are only one single example.

The point is: do you worry all the time about my scars and listen to the voices that try to make you feel bad, or do you look for these people who dont care about scars?

It is your choice...

So in other words, stop looking at people in the eyes and yourself in a mirror, try to get rich, and you will get a partner too. So easy and straight forward?

Well also, Seal's scars don't look bad somehow. They clearly are not acne scars. Acne scars, with tens of deep pits make face to look so bad that people are even afraid to face you on the public street. Or in the stores automaticly assume a person looking like that must be stealing something or a drug addict who doesn't care how he looks. No matter how good your self confidence is. I learned that several years ago before the acne scar treatments started to work (after 4-5 dermabrasions/years)

I must say my treatments took too long to improve my face, because the emotional trauma is in very very deep even nowadays when in the many light conditions scars are not visible any more.

Also perhaps little too long I tried to live with the scars and get over it. The dissapointments and bad experiences scarred the soul too bad. Not even depression medicine and consultation once a week for two years hasn't eased much yet the inner pain I feel. I haven't been able to forgive normal healthy people how they react against someone who has had lots of bad luck in the life.

Linear scars, like in a face of soldiers, boxers, and such can even look handsome. Deep acne scars have something which reminds many people about epidemic, infectious disease. That something comes from subconsious mind, is my theory. It doesn't much help even if the person knows the scars are from acne and acne is not infectious. Her/his primitive reactions tell to avoid, eliminate and run. I bet it also depends much on whereabouts the patient lives. I'd think the city atmosphere is the most cruel one, the urban jungle.

So in other words, stop looking at people in the eyes and yourself in a mirror, try to get rich, and you will get a partner too. So easy and straight forward?

Well also, Seal's scars don't look bad somehow. They clearly are not acne scars. Acne scars, with tens of deep pits make face to look so bad that people are even afraid to face you on the public street. Or in the stores automaticly assume a person looking like that must be stealing something or a drug addict who doesn't care how he looks. No matter how good your self confidence is. I learned that several years ago before the acne scar treatments started to work (after 4-5 dermabrasions/years)

I must say my treatments took too long to improve my face, because the emotional trauma is in very very deep even nowadays when in the many light conditions scars are not visible any more.

Also perhaps little too long I tried to live with the scars and get over it. The dissapointments and bad experiences scarred the soul too bad. Not even depression medicine and consultation once a week for two years hasn't eased much yet the inner pain I feel. I haven't been able to forgive normal healthy people how they react against someone who has had lots of bad luck in the life.

Linear scars, like in a face of soldiers, boxers, and such can even look handsome. Deep acne scars have something which reminds many people about epidemic, infectious disease. That something comes from subconsious mind, is my theory. It doesn't much help even if the person knows the scars are from acne and acne is not infectious. Her/his primitive reactions tell to avoid, eliminate and run. I bet it also depends much on whereabouts the patient lives. I'd think the city atmosphere is the most cruel one, the urban jungle.

Noone,

I finally made an appointment to see a psychiatrist, I'll be going in a few weeks, but from what you're saying, it hasn't helped you (is that what you're saying?).  I made the appointment out of desperation I guess, because I don't know what else to do.  I was thinking I'd drug myself into thinking I looked okay, but I guess it doesn't work that way.  Has it helped you at all?

Thanks,

Hejira

I think this has more to do with general confidence than anything else. My Acne has been somewhat mild in the last 4 or 5 years, in the last year, it has gotten much worse, but still not out of control. I seem to constantly have new whiteheads popping up, constant fresh red marks from the old whiteheads. Every now and then I get a few weeks releif but thats it.

The other day I was looking at some old pictures and realized something. I am asian and get ridiculous asian glow when I drink, this coupled with acne makes my face a really splotchy red sometimes. In the picture I had just met a tall, blonde, very attractive girl, and we hit it off great that night. The picture is of us smiling and hugging, she has a flawless complexion, not a zit anywhere and beautiful skin, I look like I put spf50 on in a camoflauge splatter pattern and sat in the sun all day. The point of this being, that I looked pretty horrible in the picture, yet still somehow managed to attract a very pretty girl. Personality and confidence can go along way, I think, and not every girl you meet will be as shallow as some of them out there. pics later of the glow+the girl.

It's odd, I don't mind men with scars, I had a huge crush on this guy in high school who was hot as and then got acne etc; I still think he is to die for.... I personally think it is harder for women to pull it off... I mean I know their are women out there and even famous ones ie Cameron Diaz - with acne scars, but with all their lighting, make-up and billions of dollars - you can't really see it. Makes it hard for the rest of us..

I finally made an appointment to see a psychiatrist, I'll be going in a few weeks, but from what you're saying, it hasn't helped you (is that what you're saying?).

So he held her hostage?? jk

You won't believe how seal proposed to heidi. He took her on a helicopter to the top of a glacier and that's where he proposed. That's crazy.

I agree with noone and Florida Guy

Women for the most part are not attracted to guys with acne scars. Sure - a motorcycle scar or knife scar are fine but not acne. I have gone out with a lot of girls ranging from average to knock your socks off and the relationship lasts until they see me in bad light and then what do you know. No returned phone calls...

and I'm not talking 5-10. More like 50-100

Psychiatist is a wast of money - They will tell you that you look fine when obviously you do not nor would we be here. If we all had ok complexions then we would have never came to this website. If you want a drug to tell you everything is going to be ok then a psychiatist may help you.

Now as far as men having acne scars vs women having acne scars - from what I have seen. Most guys I know with scars do not and have not been able to have/keep a girl friend. Most women that I have seen do have a boyfriend or are married. That is my view. Plus they can wear makeup to hide most of it anyways. By the way. Money will not really help you either. So don't think - If I become rich that will be the answer (other than to buy more treatments)

I make nearly 100K a year and rarely get a second date. I would say in good light I would probably be a 8-9. In bad light I look like frankenstein. No wait - his skin was ok... LOL Still looking for that .01 percent angel that doesn't mind scarring.

Later

C