Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dis ProActiv work for you? If so, tell us about your experience!  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Dis ProActiv work for you? If so, tell us about your experience!

• ProActiv cleared up my skinProActiv made my skin worse
    • ProActiv cleared up my skin for awhile, but then did not work for me anymore
    • I have not tried ProActiv

ProActiv made my skin worse. I tried it for about 3 1/2 mo. and then decided it wasn't working for me. I had mild acne and by the end of the trial, I had moderate acne. The products made my skin produce more oil and made my acne red and inflamed. My skin type was oily but sensitive at the time and the product was too harsh for my skin. Now I use milder products to control my acne. I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash followed by Clinique #1 Clarifying Toner, and I use Neutrogena Visibly Firm Moisture Makeup and Bare Minerals Powder Foundation for makeup. My skin has dramtically improved. I still have breakouts but not as worse as when I was using more products. A point I am making is that if you have sensitive skin in combination with acne, it is not always a good idea to use multiple or harsh products on your skin. Less is more for this skin type and you should try cutting out products from your regimen if you notice that your skin is more oily, irritated, and redder than before you used the products. Alot of people have the idea that "It gets worse before it gets better". i totallly disagree with this theory because my acne got better and never got worse after I started using the right products for my skin.

i used its cheaper double, Acne Free System, its a 3 step Wash, Toner, and BP cream, just like it, worked awsome for like 2 month, then poof, was like i wasnt doing anything, Dont use it wile on accutane though, ull fry ur skin off, lol

yeah true that, i've been on proactive for about 2 years now. At the start yeah it was good, but then your skin slowly gets used to it. I would say that it controls acne, but doesn't cure it. I still get pimples on my face, maybe 1 new one every day. But if i stopped using proactive they would all come back with force.....so yeah it's mainly for those people who have 1 or 2 pimples a month......that will get rid of them, but for high amounts of acne, it does help it a bit but doesn't cure it, they just keep on coming the little bastards mad.gif

I'm using ProActiv right now, and it does some good but doesn't completely clear you up if you follow their instructions. If you use their products to do Dan's regimen, combine it with drinking enough water like I did, you should see good improvements.

- CaN 0

A friend of mine tried it a couple years ago and raved about it for the longest time. Her skin was practically flawless. But unfortunately for her, after several months of use, her skin totally broke out, and she experienced the worst acne of her life. Then she dumped the Proactiv and started to use something else, and ever since her skin has been fine.

It sounds like the sulfur mask is the only product that's worth holding onto.

it worked awile for me.. it never really completely made my skin clear but it did made it brighter, smoother, n got rid of some of my pimples expecially around my tzone but just after 3 months my skin i guess stoped getting used to it and i started to break out alot on my nose and tzone.. i only have mild to moderate acne