Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spottydotty

optimism is freedom

So, hey everyone! I've been lurking these boards 4ever now and finally decided to post. My background: I am currently 17 and a junior in high school and have been battling moderate (although i consider it severe eusa_boohoo.gif ) acne since i was about 12. I've tried everything the drugstore has to offer as well as my derm that i parted with (retin-s, tetracycline, benzaclin, etc.) as i was tired of getting ZIP results. I then went on Proactiv as a last hope.......and low and behold i was clear within a few months! I was clear for a year. It recently, however stopped working cry.gif due to other incidents in my life (my parents r goin thru a nasty divorce and i've been put on zoloft) my doc prescribed me to try tazorac .1 cream at night as well as ortho tri-cyclen. I am also taking 2 vitamin e's and 1 b12 along with a multi-vitamin. So far.........been doing this for 2wks. Think I am using 2 much taz-my skin is very sore and red and it has been VERY peely/dry. AHHHHH it itches too! Grrrrrrrrrrr........but I think it is helping despite the fact that this initial breakout is VERY bad. I have hope though. I don't have very many active blemishes, but I do have and entire face of red spots. The weird part is most of them are all aroun my chin/mouth-an area i NEVER used to break out. Hmmmmm.......weird. Ah well. I'm hoping to see more improvements (and less red spots!) soon. I'm tired of hiding in the house of embarassment and having the little makeup i try to put on to get through school flake off. sad.gif oh well......bye for now. Any one who has been thru this please feel welcome to comment and offer *hope* . thanks.

Hey spottydotty,

welcome to your brand new log! You'll see that it'll really help later-you'll be able to read back and know exactly what you did, stuff like that. Plus, people's comments are awesome. My board's helped me alot. Well, I know the whole derm's medications always suck because of the initial breakout. I hope it works for you considering all of the trauma you're going through right now. I am through with the derm....well, probably until I get older and need to go for other reasons other acne...but ne way, hang in there and trust in your instincts. If it doesn't feel right, after awhile, you'll know. The best thing you can do for yourself is understanding the way your body operates..what breaks you out, what doesn't, and what works for you. Well, good luck, girl. keep you chin up.

P.S. I break out only around my mouth/chin area too-SO embarrassing when you're a girl!

Thanks Viv-yah it sux! Chin breakouts are the worst! Well, i stopped using the Taz for a few days and just using basis sensitive skin soap. My face is still peeling a bit but the red rashes have healed redface.gif Thank goodness! I'm still really spotty though....ugh! But I'm feeling better, maybe just because my face doesn't hurt...

Ok, the best decision I ever made was to STOP using the TAZ!!!!!!!!! That stuff was just WAYYYYY to harsh and irritating for my sensitive skin...oh well. I've been using basis sensitive skin soap on my face in conjunction with that new Clearasil Ultra cream that's supposed to like help your skin look better in 3days. So far it's lookin good. I think my birth control is helping too...It's been a month now. Hopefully I'll be 100% clear in another month or so........wish me luck!

xoxo

Ok, been on bc pills for about 4? months now and they seem to be helping-I got a nasty 2nd degree burn a month ago and had to go get this steroid shot in my butt that REALLY cleared me up.......too bad it's not safe to get like, once a month. Ah well..........changed my regimen.......again....lol razz.gif so yeah, i'm now using panoxyl bar (it has 10% benzoyl peroxide) and i love love love it! I was also using the clearasil ultra cream with it (this works really good for me) but currently tried a new product called bye bye blemish drying lotion (not so sure about this stuff-might swith back to the clearasil) Ooh! also, a friend lent me a FABULOUS concealer!!!! It's IL-MAKIAGE Tv Touch concealer......OMG I am addicted to this stuff!!!! Really creamy silky texture with very smooth even coverage of EVERYTHING! Before this I though Dermablend was the best coverage I could get but I didn't like the thickness and fake look of it. But I encourage yall to check out il-makiage!!!!!!!!

Ok, seeing as how I've decided that I don't like the idea of using HARSH chemicals on my skin I've decided to take a new approach to skincare-I've been on chemical treatments/topicals/pills ever since I can remember and I'm still not as clear as I'd like to be. I know I know.....the clearasil/panoxyl combo was doing just fine and my skin was behaving and all but eventually I know it's bad for your skin in the long run and I'll probably just develop an immunity to in eventually (lol-until I'm upto 100% bp) So, out of frustration and research I'm choosing to experiment with a natural skincare regimen. I went to the health food store yesterday to pick up a sample size of emu oil after reading about it here for acne and the lady was very helpful-i explained my skincare story and she suggested me the Niora Alpha Clear system (all natural! no bp or salycic acid here-also good for wrinkles and sensitive skin/rosacea as well as ACNE!!!) So, I broke down and bought the 2 step system (hey, it's less steps than that damn Proactiv was) and some emu oil. It's too soon to tell if It's working but I haven't had any negative effects to speak off so far. Cross your fingers for me eusa_pray.gif and I'll keep ya'll updated!!!!!!!

peace and clear skin!!!!!!!!

xoxo

Ok, soo far soo good.....i'm really liking this Niora skincare regimen(Alpha cleanser and exfoliant) I did however, add my clearasil back in for spot treatment and I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the emu oil for moisturizing!!!

Ok, so I put the emu oil on allover my face and was amazed at the results! It got rid of some of my stubborn pimples that nothing else would kill! I highly suggest this to anyone with really super oily skin!!!

Okay, the Niora finally gave me a nasty breakout sad.gif so I'm dumping it lol...I picked up some new stuff yesterday though that I'm REALLY liking. It's the oily skin care line from Aubrey Organics. Oh my gosh!!!!!!this stuff is freakin awesome!!!!!!Flattened my breakouts over night!!!Yay! Hopefully this stuff will be a keeper. eusa_dance.gif

I'm back ninja.gif so, while there was nothing wrong with the Aubrey line I (as usual razz.gif ) was looling for something better. I've been toying with different things and am now starting a different regimen. (it's ok, calmed my breakouts a bit but i still have about 3 active pimples)

morning:

wash with neutrogena extra gentle cleanser

tone with dickinsons witch hazel

moisturize with olay sensitive skin solutions

(taz about every other morning before moisturizer)

night:

wash with neutrogena extra gentle cleanser

tone with dickinsons witch hazel

apply bp to active spots only

moisturize with olay sensitive skin solutions

We just got a Lush somewhat near me-i may try some of their stuff i dunno, as of right now i'm content with this (i'm not clear, but i just started this and like the fact that the taz(been using this for about1-2 wks) has definately improved my skin tone, my old scarring is starting to fade smile.gif

wow, it's been awhile. I wound up tring Lush and i love it! I still use bp though to help kill any pimpels i may have. I'm currently alternating a few of Lush's products:

angel on bareskin(once a week)

ultra bland (to take of eye-makeup)

ocean salt(amazing! really drys up spots but mouisturizes as well)

aqua marina(gentle cleanser-good for everyday)

imperialis (moisturizer)

tea tree water (AMAZING toner)

as of right now, my skin is about 90% clear with no active pimples, just a few red marks. I've been using just the ultra bland for makeup removal, then ocean salt to cleanse, followed by tea tree water toner and some bp gel at night. So far so good-it's been about 2-3 weeks but i've been using lush for a few months now.

today i have about 2 active pimples but a bunch of old red marks....grrrr dumb red marks. I've switched back to the original regimen seeing as how i'm tired of experimenting with different things, even thought i must say I LOVED lush it was getting to expensive on my 18yr old pocket book :cry: so i'm back to cheap and simple again. Wash with purpose cleanser at night then apply some left over proactiv bp, wait and if needed apply eucerin skin renewal day lotion spf 15 (my new HG moisturizer! battles flakes like none other) so yeah, i think i'm gonna order some of Dan's gel in a day or so to give it a try. Thanks for reading luvlies!

i know i know, i can't stick to anything ;). But i'm back to Lush seeing as how i suffered a bad breakout recently and knew some fresh farmacy did the trick at helping a nasty breakout before. I had 2 inflamed pimples that were under my skin and lumpy, and being the dummy i am i picked at them........i know, BAD idea. So I got some ff and have been using it for a week now and the inflammation has gone down and they don't look half as bad as they did. Now they're just drying out to stay as red marks for awhile.....when will i learn to not pick!?! I never learn my lesson..........

lol it's been awhile. It's funny reading through your own words and experiences, i'm such a spaz :) So, a skin update perhaps? My skin right now is kinda sucky (go figure) I have blackheads/visible pores around my t-zone-but this isn't really my concern lol. Ever since i tried Taz awhile back about 95% of my breakouts are on my chin/jawline! gah i hate it! I currently have ALOT of redmarks in that area and 1 nasty cyst/inflamed nodule? GRRRRRRRR so frustrating! So after reading throught some posts on here i decided to try the aspirin mask and let me just say i think i'm in love! my skin looks sooo much better after i do it-this is a keeper for sure!

Regimen

Morning-wash face with current cleanser :)

currently Neutrogena's clear pore cleanser/mask (has 3.5%bp)

apply either bp or tea tree oil to chin area only

moisturizer with Aveeno

apply makeup (Maybelline dream matte mouse applied with powder brush-offers better, more even coverage :)

Night-wash with Neutrogena

after washing i alternate either: aspirin mask (about 8 aspirin, dissolved in water mixed with a little biore shine control cleanser to make it sticky)

Neutrogena cleanser mask

or i'll just wash and apply either bp/ tea tree oil :)

bah i broke out a few days ago all along my jawline! grrrrrrrrrr! i had like 3 under the skin types and a bunch of whiteheads....my chin looks like crap but on the bright side the rest of my face is doing well....i hope this stupid chin straightens up before i leave on vacation!!! I think i'm goin to try adding some black cohosh? and vitamin e to my regimen. Supposedly the black cohosh helps with hormonal imbalances