Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
juster18

What is in this stuff?

Ok, I started the bp gel a couple of weeks ago. When I purchased it, my face was totally clear. I only got it because I wanted something a little bigger to last me longer, and plus I heard all these great things. Well, my cheeks are still clear(they always are), but my forehead is completely breaking out and before this it has been clear for a year or so. I even developed a cyst i think, and I have never had one of those! My acne was just those little white heads that popped up now and then from clogged pores. I am freaking out!!! Not only that, but my skin is much more oily now and I'm peeling at the same time. I have all these fine lines around my eyes and forehead. I tried using less but my skin looks like total sh*t. AND, before you say my skin has to get used to it and it will go away, let me tell you that I am very used to benzoyl peroxide. I have been using it for 7 years now. I have used Proactiv, AcneFRee, and even 10% solutions of my face and they have always worked awesome. Seeing as this was only 2.5% and my skin is not sensitive at all and can handle much more, I though this would be fine. I am just so upset because my skin was looking great. No acne, no scars, it was beautiful for the first time in years. I ordered this thinking I would continue to have this great complexion and not have to buy so much bp in a month. Big mistake! one other thing, i spot treated one of the pimples on my forehead that dan's bp gave me, with more of bp gel and it has just been sticking around getting bigger. i spot treated another one with nature's cure bp and it was pretty much gone by the next day. so this is another reason i'm feeling the bp gel is doing something bad to my skin. everyone else seems to be saying how much of a miracle this stuff is and when they put it all their acne goes away. I do not understand. what is going on? could i be having some allergic reaction to something else in the bp gel that isn't in the proactiv or nature's cure bp?

That doesn't sound good. Your reaction is rare, so I'm wondering if you have changed anything else. Did you change anything else about your routine when you introduced bp gel? It should not cause this much of a problem. In fact, many people, including myself, see even better skin with bp gel. It is possible that you are having a reaction to another ingredient. Different people react differently to ingredients. I would go back to what you were using before. It sounds like it was working great.

That doesn't sound good.  Your reaction is rare, so I'm wondering if you have changed anything else.  Did you change anything else about your routine when you introduced bp gel?  It should not cause this much of a problem.  In fact, many people, including myself, see even better skin with bp gel.  It is possible that you are having a reaction to another ingredient.  Different people react differently to ingredients.  I would go back to what you were using before.  It sounds like it was working great.

Damn, that sucks Juster sad.gif

But, atleast you have learned from it. If something is working, especially for acne, don't ever skip out on what's working and try something else. Stay on your old Regimen!!!

You can return bp gel for any reason, that's our policy. Write to [email protected] for an RMA number that you can write on the outside of your package when you return it.