Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bstej

Moisturizer question

Well first off my face is extremely oily so I don't use a moisturizer cause that makes it feel even more gunky. Its not that dry after i wash it just a little tight for like 10 minutes.

I want to try steaming it with hot water so I can open the pores before I wash my face with my cleanser. I read that you should ALWAYS moisturize after you steam and wash but I want to steam before I wash and go to sleep. Can i do the steam, then wash, then apply my retin-A like i do every night? The retin-A doesn't dry me out and if anything makes my face oily.

Thanks

Yes, you should be fine. Whenever I steam I always use a gentle scrub, then apply a mask, cleanse again, and then moisturize. I have no problems.

If you have oily skin, you should be okay. The point of moisturizing is to just lock in the moisture. But if moisture loss isn't your prob, then it shouldn't be absolutely neccessary to do so.

What I do is I take a bowl, put some water in it, heat it up in the microwawe until it boils or almost boils, and then just put my face over it and a towel over my head so the steam wont escape. Keep your head above the bowl of hot water, dont keep it too low or you'll end up burning your skin with steam or something. I usually do this for about 5 mins or so, I think the time is really up to you. This opens up your pores, and afterwards I just wash my face and splash some cold water on to close the pores.

What I do is I take a bowl, put some water in it, heat it up in the microwawe until it boils or almost boils, and then just put my face over it and a towel over my head so the steam wont escape. Keep your head above the bowl of hot water, dont keep it too low or you'll end up burning your skin with steam or something. I usually do this for about 5 mins or so, I think the time is really up to you. This opens up your pores, and afterwards I just wash my face and splash some cold water on to close the pores.