Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So i just got an IPL treatment done on my face. I did it mostly to correct the red marks on my face that is within the shallow pitting that I have.

Will this work? I HOPE SO. Someone on this board said that it would feel like a blow torch to your face. Yes, it WAS painful but I wanted results. I bore the pain by squinting my eyes.

After the treatment my face wouldn't stop burning. I learned quickly that trying to cool the face down continually with ice/damp cloths just prolongs the burning sensation. I left my face alone and the burning subsided eventually.

My face looks badly sunburned now. She didn't use the ala because she said I didn't need it, so I'm curious as to what results I'll get. She's a very honest esthetician, so I trust her.

The reason why I'm posting here is because she said that it would clear up my acne as well. I'll update if/when I see a change.

tc.

So i just got an IPL treatment done on my face.  I did it mostly to correct the red marks on my face that is within the shallow pitting that I have.

Will this work?  I HOPE SO.  Someone on this board said that it would feel like a blow torch to your face. Yes, it WAS painful but I wanted results.  I bore the pain by squinting my eyes. 

After the treatment my face wouldn't stop burning. I learned quickly that trying to cool the face down continually with  ice/damp cloths just prolongs the burning sensation. I left my face alone and the burning subsided eventually. 

My face looks badly sunburned now.    She didn't use the ala because she said I didn't need it, so I'm curious as to what results I'll get.  She's a very honest esthetician, so I trust her.

The reason why I'm posting here is because she said that it would clear up my acne as well.  I'll update if/when I see a change.

tc.

In my own experience this is normal (so much for the no downtime), but it will mostly subsiide after a day.

OK, So it's been a while since my treatment and i've had NO BREAKOUTS. My face is extremely oily yet i've had no breakouts, which means it did something.

As far as facial redness and scarring goes, the places on my face that improved where the spots that turned dark brown and then peeled afterwards; otherwise where it didn't do this nothing really happened.

But it has worked on my breakouts. I just wish it did something for my grease monkey skin sad.gif

I'll update after my second treatment.

TC.

PS: I have light brown skin so that could be the reason for the darkening.

Well I haven't had another treatment yet, but my face is still clear. No breakouts -even without topicals on.

Ipl without ALA or Levulan worked for my acne. I don't know about anyone else, but if it's cheap and monitored by a doctor you could try it.

I feel a bit free now. Still have the oil but at least i don't have to worry about future red marks ( didn't do much for those after only 1 treatment).

I'll post again if/when I breakout.

Well I haven't had another treatment yet, but my face is still clear.  No breakouts -even without topicals on.

Ipl without ALA or Levulan worked for my acne.  I don't know about anyone else, but if it's cheap and monitored by a doctor you could try it. 

I feel a bit free now.  Still have the oil but at least i don't have to worry about future red marks ( didn't do much for those after only 1 treatment).

I'll post again if/when I breakout.

hi I just had my third treatment. Not much burning this time. I am having bad breakouts still -one week from last treamtment. NOt real happy with the procedure yet -we will see in a few weeks.

hi I just had my third treatment. Not much burning this time. I am having bad breakouts still -one week from last treamtment. NOt real happy with the procedure yet -we will see in a few weeks.

Really? That's weird. I don't understand why it worked for me but not others.

Right now I'm only using copper peptides with salicylic acid (had never prevented my acne though) every night, some cheap life brand acne cleanser (rip off of loreal's pure zone) and occasionaly Paula Begoun's skin lightening cream with AHA.

Please keep us updated Cindy. I want to know what the deal is.

eusa_think.gif