Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

I was wondering if Proactiv helps red marks? I was thinking about trying it out since its a money back guarantee so if it doesn't do anything I can take it back. What are your experiences with Proactiv?

Posted

I've been on ProActiv for over 2 months and it hasn't done much for red marks. The Repairing Lotion (2.5% bp gel) is pretty good for existing pimples, and stopping future pimples, but the red marks I had before haven't faded much.

Posted

It helps with red marks. The toner has glycolic acid in it i believe its either 8 or 10%, which helps fade red marks but very slowly. You're not going to see dramatic results over night but it might help.

you could try using aloe after the repairing lotion or try an AHA lotion like Alpha hydrox, gly derm or the paula's choice one

Posted

Thanks, I'm still debating on what to do about my red marks. I'm stuck between trying Proactiv for clearing my current acne and healing the red marks or doing some kind of peel, maybe a lactic peel from makeupartist.com b/c my red marks makes my acne look a lot worse then it is. Any preference over proactiv or the peel?

Posted
It helps with red marks. The toner has glycolic acid in it i believe its either 8 or 10%, which helps fade red marks but very slowly. You're not going to see dramatic results over night but it might help.

you could try using aloe after the repairing lotion or try an AHA lotion like Alpha hydrox, gly derm or the paula's choice one

Posted

What do you think about the Lactic Peel?

Posted

Lactic peels and glycolic peels are similar but the lactic ones i've read are safer and gentler to your skin. I would say do your research on peels bc if they arent done correctly can be damaging to ur skin. i read an article in allure magazine about women doing at home peels and using such high percentages that they burned and scarred their faces shock.gif lol not to scare you! but its important to be careful. a lot of people are doing at home peels and they are effective but starting with a low percentage. 20 or 30% peel, leaving it on for 1 minute and then gradually increasing the time for 6 weeks and then 2 weeks off and then the same again.

Posted
I was wondering if Proactiv helps red marks?  I was thinking about trying it out since its a money back guarantee so if it doesn't do anything I can take it back.  What are your experiences with Proactiv?

Posted

i found that the Proactiv refining mask helps A LOT with red marks!!!! if you leave it on over night on just the red marks, you will see that your red marks start fading in 1-2 weeks!!! i dont know if it'll work for everyone, but it worked for me and you should try it to find out.....

Posted
i found that the Proactiv refining mask helps A LOT with red marks!!!! if you leave it on over night on just the red marks, you will see that your red marks start fading in 1-2 weeks!!! i dont know if it'll work for everyone, but it worked for me and you should try it to find out.....

Posted