Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xmaddenlovato

I'm getting disappointed...

over school vacation, i would wake up everyday and do the regimen in the morning and at night. my face cleared sooo much. now im back in school and i wear make up (foundation) to school. i dont do the regimen when i wake up because 1.) i dont have time and 2.) because even when i put moisturizer on after BP, it looks really weird under my makeup and my face gets a ton of those little clumps of BP, even when i brush them off.

now since im back in school & dont do the regimen in the morning, i do it when i get home from school (i still do it at night too). its not working as well though because im breaking out a lot more now. what should i do?? i dont want to apply BP in the morning because it looks weird under my makeup but i still want the Regimen to work well. sad.gif and i know im doing applying everything exactly how im supposed to.

over school vacation, i would wake up everyday and do the regimen in the morning and at night. my face cleared sooo much. now im back in school and i wear make up (foundation) to school. i dont do the regimen when i wake up because 1.) i dont have time and 2.) because even when i put moisturizer on after BP, it looks really weird under my makeup and my face gets a ton of those little clumps of BP, even when i brush them off.

now since im back in school & dont do the regimen in the morning, i do it when i get home from school (i still do it at night too). its not working as well though because im breaking out a lot more now. what should i do?? i dont want to apply BP in the morning because it looks weird under my makeup but i still want the Regimen to work well. sad.gif and i know im doing applying everything exactly how im supposed to.

1) Make time.

Get up earlier, give your skin tim for the BP to absorb and the moisturizer to absorb, the reason why it clumps/looks/feels funny is because you don't give yourself enough time for the bp and moisturizer to fully absorb.

I agree with the other two.

Wake up a bit earlier so you can do the regimen, it is so worth it. Perhaps 15-20 extra minutes is all you'd need.

Makeup advice, ditch the foundation, your face will thank you for it. See if you can get by with a teeny bit of concealer on the real bad spots, then dab on some pressed or loose powder. I have not worn foundation since I began the regimen almost 3 months ago, and believe me, just not having to apply the makeup saves time in itself, and it is soooooo nice not to wear that junk on my face all day, besides it never looked natural anyway. And for me, this was a major lifestyle change, as I am 35 years old and have worn foundation everyday since I was 13 (when I began getting acne and had to cover it up), haven't gone a day without it until recently, and I am glad that burden is gone. I still apply eye makeup and lipstick. If you play up your other features such as eyes and lips, this draws people's eyes away from the rest of your face.

Find yourself a nice non-comedogenic concealer stick, find an oil-free non-comedogenic powder compact, and do the regimen in the a.m.

Also, your foundation makeup itself could be part of the problem. If you absolutely must wear it, make sure it is oil-free and non-comedogenic, but see if you can get by without it, and do the regimen a.m. and p.m.

good luck.

Guest Anubis

Oh I agree sooooo much!!!! Ditch the foundation eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif (if you can)...most likely your face will make a speedy recovery (since it did well the first go at it)!!!!! Start on a Friday and practice with your concealer over the weekend...then you'll be ready for Monday!