Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kent45

Just started BP Gel 3 days ago

I started using BP Gel and a Cetaphil cleansing bar almost 3 days ago and here are my first impressions:

I've really noticed a change in my skin. The redness all over my face is practically gone now (My face and cheeks are usually red, even without acne) and I've noticed the mild spots of acne are disappearing more and more every day!

After starting the regimen, my skin doesn't feel oily and dirty anymore... it feels... well... dry (but clean!) Yeah, my face isn't totally 100% clear yet, but it's clearer now than it ever was using Proactiv or even Clearasil.

My only complaint is that my face seems to be having this very distinct burning and stinging sensation, especially after using BP Gel. It's not intolerable, but it will take some getting used to, I think. I've been using this oil-free SP-15 moisterizer and it helps reduce the stinging/burning sensation, but not very much.

Oh well, such is the price for clear skin I guess.

Anyway, my point is... I'm really satisfied with BP Gel and will definitely be buying more in the future.

Later,

Kent

If it's stinging for more than 20 minutes after you apply and have smoothed in the BP, reduce the amount until you adjust, then use more. Generally that burning should go away almost directly after you apply moisturiser.

YAY, another Cetaphil and BP user. Keep it up. It can only get better! oh and listen to Revolution. He knows a lot about this regimen.

If it's stinging for more than 20 minutes after you apply and have smoothed in the BP, reduce the amount until you adjust, then use more. Generally that burning should go away almost directly after you apply moisturiser.

Okay, I'm having somewhat of a problem.

I recently stopped the regimen yesterday because my skin has become very red and raw... and I'm getting some flaking, especially if I smile or move my mouth neutral.gif

Anyway, is this an alergic reaction or have I just used too much BP too soon?

also, what should I do? I've been moisterizing the hell out of my face right now, to get the burning and redness to go away. I'm almost afraid to start using BP Gel again until my face heals up.

What should I do??

Either your using WAY too much BP and your not using enough moisturiser (You should only be using a little bit of BP for the first month) or you are allergic. So you figure it out but you said something about ProActiv? If you were using ProActiv you should be adjusted to BP by now. How long were you on ProActiv and what was the time between stopping ProActiv and started the BP Gel & Dan's Regimen? Because you may be allergic but I'm not sure.

also, what should I do?  I've been moisterizing the hell out of my face right now, to get the burning and redness to go away.  I'm almost afraid to start using BP Gel again until my face heals up.

What should I do??

Yeah, that was the problem.... I cut the dosage of BP Gel down dramatically, and then moisterized a little extra, and it looks to be clearing up.

I highly doubt I'm allergic though, I've was using Proactiv for months at a time and had no problems with it.

I think I just got a little over-enthusiastic with the BP Gel the first time around, but it seems to be under control now.

I've been using Dan's BP Gel for three days - my skin is dramatically more clear. At this rate, I will be completely clear within the next week. Oily skin is also gone.

I've used BP products for years - but never with the results I'm getting from Dan's - I think the improvement has alot to do with the application - DON'T rub it in all that much - just glide the gel over your face and USE ALOT - coat your face with the stuff - (I thought at first that the coating was just a brilliant marketing scheme to sell more bottles - but that really is essential for it to work) ... basically, think of icing a cupcake when you apply the Gel... it absorbs rather quickly.

The Gel has no heavy feeling - makes my face feel lighter, actually - I'm honestly loving this stuff! I find it more "refreshing" then On-The-Spot.

Great job, Dan! When can we start purchasing stock??? smile.gif I own a video/TV production company - I want the account when you decide to do an infomercial!! lol.

In all seriousness, the regimen works - I use Basis soap (great stuff too) and Dan's Gel .. I haven't incorporated a moisturizer yet because I've never needed one in my life because of my oily skin... HOWEVER, my skin is getting a little dry for the first time ever... so, I may need to add that to the regimen.

Best of Luck all!