Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrewCut213

Milia...Exfoliation?

Alright, so about a few weeks ago I quit using Proactiv and just started washing with tap water. Overall, it has been really successful. I rarely get any zits on my forehead and temples which use to be my worst area and my cheeks are usually clear also. However, my chin is continuing to form new zits, more than I had when I was using Proactiv.

I was reading a topic about milia and I am pretty sure that I have that on my chin. My chin was always the driest area of my face, but I moisturize really well now so its never that dry. Anyway I have like 30+ little bump things on my chin that look like milia. They aren't really a big deal in that stage because they are impossible to see unless I am like 1 inch from the mirror but what I found is that these things can eventually become infected somehow and then inflame into a big zit. So I figure if I can eliminate the milia, I will greatly reduce the acne on my chin.

I now that it is good to exfoliate to get the dead skin cells off your face. But will this get rid of current milia or just prevent future milia? Also can anyone recommend a good exfoliater that isn't too harsh. I don't want to put chemicals on my face, that is why I just wash with water now. Any knowledge of how to deal with milia is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

if you start to exfoliate, that will prevent new ones from forming. sometimes they go away by themselves, but there is little you can do for the ones that are already on your chin.

Im assuming you are talking about my thread regarding exfoliation and milia, but if not, check it out. There are a few things you can try to do to increase exfoliation if you dont want to use chemicals (i hate using the word "chemicals" because it makes it sound dangerous, but if you want to use something medicated to help exfoliation, definately pick up some of that AHA face cream i mention in my thread). You can try boiling water and putting your face over the steam to help open your pores. Do a search for more details on the steam, there have been many threads about it in the past. There may be some other home remedies out there like putting household stuff on your face, but i dont know how trusted they are.

I strongly urge you to use the AHA glycolic face cream, unless you are really uptight about staying "natural". If not, then ry the steam method.

baseballman,

Yeah, I did read your thread but I wasn't sure if I wanted to put the AHA on my face. Anyway, I just got it today and I put on a decent amount and I didn't experience any stinging or anything like that. I know that you are suppose to put it on after washing your face but if I am also going to put moisterizer on, should I do the moisterizer or the AHA first?

Thanks

do the AHA first. because it is so effective at removing flakes etc, youll soon see that it does most of the moisterizers work for you. but keep using the moisturizer too. your flakes wont go away overnight necessarily, but definately in a few days- a week depending on how bad they are and how much you use the cream.

let me know how it works for you. other people sceptic out there-- told you it wasnt irritating! Get some!