Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BFGUITAR

Acne is only bad once u get it

During my acne free days i woudnt really care about other peoples acne. Sure if its severe i would walk by and think to myself "O he has bad acne, o well" otherwise i would hardly even care about it.

When i got acne i was thinking to myself that everyone was starting at my face thinking terrible thoughts.

Its really all in our minds.

We are our own biggest enemy (for most of us)

It is us who blows it out of proportion.

Do you guys feel teh same way?

When I didn't have acne, I never even knew about acne. Now I can recall seeing people with it but not knowing they were any different from anyone else. tongue.gif

Kid's must be getting smarter, though. Some little kid commented on this one guys face at the mall, he goes "Hey, what's that on your face? Are those freckles?" and the guy looked hurt, but said "Yep, maybe someday you'll have some too."

I felt kinda' bad for him, I would have felt worse but noone heard the little kid but me, and who am I to judge? tongue.gif

for ages i always thought my insecurities were all completly in my mind and that really people werent staring at my skin until one day a few months ago wen i hadnt started the regimen and my skin was looking really bad, this boy saw me in the corridor at school, looked at me and went ha ha pizza face.

It really pissed me off, how could u say that to someone purely to upset them. I'd always liked everyone at school in the past but now im so much more aware that people are so shallow and are only nice to me wen i look pretty (clear skinned).

My dickhead boyfriend even dumped me just coz my skin was bad, how fucked up was that?!

Guest >:(
for ages i always thought my insecurities were all completly in my mind and that really people werent staring at my skin until one day a few months ago wen i hadnt started the regimen and my skin was looking really bad, this boy saw me in the corridor at school, looked at me and went ha ha pizza face.

It really pissed me off, how could u say that to someone purely to upset them. I'd always liked everyone at school in the past but now im so much more aware that people are so shallow and are only nice to me wen i look pretty (clear skinned).

My dickhead boyfriend even dumped me just coz my skin was bad, how fucked up was that?!

Guest Zitro
During my acne free days i woudnt really care about other peoples acne. Sure if its severe i would walk by and think to myself "O he has bad acne, o well" otherwise i would hardly even care about it.

When i got acne i was thinking to myself that everyone was starting at my face thinking terrible thoughts.

Its really all in our minds.

We are our own biggest enemy (for most of us)

It is us who blows it out of proportion.

Do you guys feel teh same way?

Yes, it is all in our heads. When I told me friend that I as going to go to a derm, she laughed and said that there is nothing wrong with my face.

Most people don't even notice, especially if you are a girl and have tons of make up on.

but if your a guy it seems like more people notice since you can't really hide it with makeup or anything =(

after living with it for 10 years i guess ill grin and bear it a bit more

things i've tried

that didn't work

b5

proactiv

those noxema pads

retina micro 0.1 and .4

currently trying tazorac

only thing that HAS worked illegally bought accutane 20mg for one month until the website i ordered from went belly up =(

oh back to the subject i remember being immature and little and making fun of my sisters acne............it boomeranged and hit me right in the face.......payback is a bitch especially if its you being the bitch. eusa_naughty.gif now im much more non judgemental when it comes to peoples looks after what i've gone through

Yeah but guys often still look really hot even if they have acne. Girls are meanta look neat and clean and pretty so acne kinda fucks that all up !!! Make up isnt really all that amazing, i mean-yeah it helps but wen ur skin is lookin really awful, make up can make you look even worse, it makes it look a bit like uv tried really hard but ur still skanky.

My skins lookin the best it has done in MONTHS now tho so im very positive right now-yay!

Yeah but guys often still look really hot even if they have acne. Girls are meanta look neat and clean and pretty so acne kinda fucks that all up !!! Make up isnt really all that amazing, i mean-yeah it helps but wen ur skin is lookin really awful, make up can make you look even worse, it makes it look a bit like uv tried really hard but ur still skanky.

My skins lookin the best it has done in MONTHS now tho so im very positive right now-yay!