Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
person222

bodybuilders on here

is there a link between there being a lot of us on here? seems a bit strange, all day ive been trying to think way back when i started working out and going on high protein diets to see if i had acne before but i didnt but i also didnt get acne as soon as i started working out so personally id say there isnt a link, but im not 100%

oh and how much weight r u guys lifting ? ive lowered mine recently cause roaccutane makes my back hurt

I say the reason for so many people doing body building with acne is that it can take ure mind off things and give u extra confidence with other parts of your body. Ive been throught a faze of going to the gym everynite to get my mind off acne, but wasnt working to well.

I have been bodybuilding pretty seriously for about 15 years. I do not think there is a strong correlation. I had acne before training and, very obviously, I am just acne prone.

I do believe that heavy lifting and certain supplements can increase natural testosterone and, therefore, aggravate acne. But, you would have to have an acne problem to begin with for this to happen. Many weightlifters never breakout. It is because they do not have this disease. I seriously believe that if I never picked up a weight, I would have still had this problem. I have taken 6 moths off from lifting for various resons and my skin stayed about the same. Now if I sweat a lot and do not get washed (doing any activity), that will often cause a breakout.

I also believe that more people with this problem do workout because it tends to boost confidence. So that could be why there are many people on here that lift

weights.

I've been body building since before I had acne. My acne comes and goes in spurts and I've found it to be completely irrelevent to working out. Except when I took creatine and whey. Big nasty breakouts there. Now I workout naturally and it doesn't effect my acne one bit, just have to plan your regimen around it.

I think there are a lot of us because building our bodies gives us something to be proud of, some of us try to improve our looks in other ways since acne got ahold of our complexion.

I started lifting after I got acne, and like that one guy said, it helps take my mind off the problem, and makes me feel better about myself. I don't think just lifting weights has anything to do with getting acne, but taking any type of steroid, or supplement (which is also cheating, I think) can make things worse.

I got acne before I started lifting. However I remember getting acne on the back around the time when I started, maybe a connection there? And yes creatine definatly made my acne worse when I took it last year, but I dont see how you could possibly say whey protein is unnatural or cheating. I do agree that it can probably cause breakouts with it containing dairy though. Currently whey protien is the only type of dairy product I ever consume (one serving after weight lifting) and I notice no problems after taking it.

So is it many peoples experience that creatine and whey make acne worse? Or is that only for some people

I've been on accutane now for just over a month and I wanted to get back into my lifting (I have some old creatine and whey left) Would they make things worse or is that only the case for some people? Anyone used these and not noticed a difference?

Like Steel said, the whey protein, which I admit isn't cheating, it's just a good addition to your diet, should be fine. I've never used creatine, but I hear that it does make acne worse, plus, it's gay.

Guest Craigems

Its because of acne i took up body building. I needed something to take my mind off acne, so i just thought **** Well, i'm gonna start bodybuilding, and by the time this disease is totally gone i'm gonna have the perfect body ****. And well i am already 100% clear on tane now, and my body is pretty good, its in shape i just need to build my arms up coz my body's pretty good at the moment.

So basically when i finish my treatment ... which will be about another 6 months time, i'll be fit. Basically its my hobby that i've picked up as a result of bad acne. I know it was insane looking at myself in the mirrors everyday, specially with severe acne. But i think without weight training and setting a personal goal for myself i dont think i woulda lasted very long in the real world! Basically i've only been training for about a year and a half but the results i've got has been through dedication and determination to be looking good by the time acne is gone for good.

(i rambled a bit there but yeh maybe some of u guys can relate a bit)

I got into lifting befor acne. The lifting, protien, creatine , glutamine did not cause me any acne at all. I feel they did not work either.

Ill admit the only reason I got acne is because I got careless when I did my last cycle. I learnt my lesson from that one.

I still work out hard, and I just started my next cycle. This time I wont get the acne back

I think the people who said, because we want to get our minds off our acne are right.

Atleast personally, I Can't do anything about my face other than what I have been doing, (for the past 6 years) but I realized that I can control how my body looks.

And for the guys out there, have you ever seen a girl with the tightest body, and umm ok face, but you still find her attractive because of her bod...

well i wonder if its the same way with guys, if a girl sees a guy with acne, but a nice body, she might find him attractive

And for the guys out there, have you ever seen a girl with the tightest body, and umm ok face, but you still find her attractive because of her bod...

I think the people who said, because we want to get our minds off our acne are right.

Atleast personally, I Can't do anything about my face other than what I have been doing, (for the past 6 years) but I realized that I can control how my body looks. 

well i wonder if its the same way with guys, if a girl sees a guy with acne, but a nice body, she might find him attractive

Guest Craigems

Bronze is correct ... girls tend to go for the face :/ but some girls go for body.

It's been answered time and time again the face is the first thing people notice about you. Most of the time females won't even notice the killer bod if they turn away when they see your killed face.

From a girl's prospective- I think that there are different types of girls who seek out different things. (Just like there is guys.) I mean, sometimes you see a completely gorgeous playboy model with some skinny rockstar...and youre like "Um....?" But, they like that. My sister only dates built guys. I like average body type, with a cute face.

There are alot of people who have acne, who have really attractive girl or boyfriends. I think that you guys should have more confidence in yourselves- you are all extremely good looking. The acne troubles you more than girls. Keep being sexy!

Yea man. Ok face + killer body is a go, but the face still has to be reasonably attractive. For girls, it seems more to be the other way around. They don't care about lackings in the body if the man has an attractive face.

well craig, sounds to me like ure gonna be living a good life in the future. remember when ure building them arms , when each arm muscle is worked individually throughout a workout the chances are you will see a improvment faster. good luck with ure acne free lifestyle

Yeh, those are called one night stands. If she has a butterface and a killer body, well yes of coarse im attracted to it(the body) but not her face. I cant be with a butterface.

Guest Craigems

i agree a perfectly good looking girl with a shit personality is honestly a waste of time. I know a few cheerleader type girls and trust me i dont wanna date any of them because they are good looking and KNOW IT, i just give em the cold shoulder alot of the time coz they flirt with every guy they come accross.

Thanks NewEra wink.gif

I agree some of them girls out there got that personality like they should be given everything on a gold platter because they are so beautiful. I've met a few women in my day that were really good lookin yet very down to Earth and humble, now that's the complete package.

Guest Craigems

dam right. And those are the girls which will have happy lives.

ive lost interest in girls since acne, i used to love flirting with girls in shops and things like that, but not i just feel increadibly uncomfortable around any girl, especially pretty ones, god i cant wait to flirt again, i even flirt with gay men, and im straight