Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eversman

recommend a sunscreen??? not moistuzer

i been using netrougena spf 15 moisturer for sometimes but everytimes when i got out and start sweating, it sort of melt and i have all these white milky droplets on my face. damn it.. so is there any kind of water base sunscreen or something for my face.. no harmful ingredients in it... pls helpppp thanks

i been using netrougena spf 15 moisturer for sometimes but everytimes when i got out and start sweating, it sort of melt and i have all these white milky droplets on my face. damn it.. so is there any kind of water base sunscreen or something for my face.. no harmful ingredients in it... pls helpppp thanks

I like the DDF Oil-Free Matte 30 (I got it at Sephora, and I'm hooked!) Hope this works for you as well!

Hm. Suncreen is a bit tricky unless you're an outdoor/athletic person (like going to beach often, tennis, swimming, etc.) because excessive exposure in the sun requires you to apply it. Why is it tricky? It's definitely healthful to moisturize after washing your face with some type of cleanser. Applying sunscreen over the moisturizer might be a little too much application to the face (well to me that is). The SPF 15 content in a lot of moisturizers is sufficient for casual exposure to the sun.

But since you're not interested in that, haha, I recommend the Coppertone Faces line. The Coppertone Oil Free Faces Sunblock and Coppertone Ultrasheer Faces Sunscreen (ultrasheer might be bad if you sweat a lot). From personal experience they're really good and they're generally well-accepted from other users.

If you're thinking of scraping the sunscreen idea, the Dove Essential Nutrients Day Lotion (SPF 15) is a great moisturizer with sufficient protection from the sun.

derma doctor body guard is one of the best sunscreens I've used and I usually hate using them even though they are really important cause they always made my face really greasy and then I broke out..This one does just the opposite so it actually has stuff in it that absorbs the oil. And it blends into your skin really easy so you wouldn't have the white gooby problem at all. It's a little pricey, but you get a good amount and it's totally worth it in my opinion. and don't be fooled by the name, this sunscreen is meant for your face. You can get it at some Sephora stores or www.dermadoctor.com

If I were going to go swimming would it be better to wash my face with a gentle cleanser or my normal face wash (2% salicylic acid) before applying sunscreen?

I figured that these "gentle cleansers" that the site recommends doesn't have SA or BP. I may be wrong though. biggrin.gif

By the way, I normally wash my face with the clean and clear foaming cleanser (2% salicylic acid) and i afterwards use the clean and clear oil-free dual action moisturizer (salicylic acid). I probably will go swimming in the morning at about 10 or 11 because I want to tan a little.

What would be the best way to do it? Thanks.

I second the coppertone face line. I use the coppertone oil free hydrating sunblock with vitamins A and E, and I love it. It's not greasy or oily when I put it on my face, and i find that to be the problem with other sunscreens I use (neutrogena included).

leigh30, how often are you going to swim?

Last summer i swam daily and the chlorine was conveniently drying for my face. My face cleared up in a matter of weeks shock.gif . Anyway, that's besides the point, haha. Hm. 10 to 11 is pretty early during the day so I recommend cleansing in the morning with a "gentle" cleanser (cetaphil? clearasil daily wash?) that doesn't contain any drying ingredients (BP, SA, whatever). Swimming will more than make up for it. Make sure to wear sunblock before you swim though. After swimming, simply take a shower using only water for the face.

At night, you can approach how you clean your face any way that's most convenient to you. smile.gif

From personal experience, swimming will most likely clear you up if you consistently suffer from acne. My acne is mild but swimming was definitely efficient for maintaining it.