Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
davâ„®

Paleo diet to beat acne?

If acne really is a disease of the western civilization, then the paleo diet, must work?

Any body have any experiences with the paleo diet?

Im just starting... it seems to be a natural progression from just eliminating dairy and sugar, and it makes so much sense, but, does it work?

ive been on the diet for a week wich isnt much but in the week ive been on it ive noticed ive had say 3-4 new spots, whereas last week this wud b everyday not everyweek!!!!

If acne really is a disease of the western civilization, then the paleo diet, must work?

Any body have any experiences with the paleo diet?

Im just starting... it seems to be a natural progression from just eliminating dairy and sugar, and it makes so much sense, but, does it work?

I've been paleo for about 10 days and it has made a HUGE DIFFERENCE.

It is very hard for me to say it is all diet because I have also:

Colon cleansed (blessedherbs.com)

Liver flushed (2 times and working on a third)

Started consistent exercise

Take excellent supplements

So I can't give all praise to the paleo. BUT I LOVE IT. You won't get tired after eating and you will be having the MOST NUTRITIOUS DIET ON EARTH. (I am assuming that the rest of your body isn't diseased and toxic).

Meat --> nutritious

Fruit/Veg --> SUPER nutritious

Nuts --> nutritious

Oils --> SUPER nutritious (olive, flax, coconut)

SKIN --> clear

In the next week or two I am going to create a post called the foundation. I hope it is one of the best posts of 2006. It certainly will be the longest post of 2006. lol

haha sounds good bob :D Ill be sure to read the whole thing! Just wanted you guys to know that I've also been on the paleo diet for about 3 weeks, though mine is a bit more modified with heavy carb intake since I weight train heavily (from sweet potatoes, b.rice, and buckwheat). Seriously, I've never felt more energetic and my skin is looking better every day!!

Its really not all that hard to follow either. The ONLY bad tasting thing I eat daily now is the raw flax oil, which I take a 1 tbsp shot twice daily- once in morning with a kale/apple shake. I stay away from wheat, eggs, yeast, simple sugars (fruits are an exception), alcohol, and DAIRY. I firmly believe MY acne is caused almost exclusively by toxicity buildup from dairy products. I heavily ate cheese, milk, whey since my birth and to finally rid it from my body just feels like WHOA this is niiiice lol

These are the supplelemts I take daily as well:

2tbsp of FLAX OIL

Cook with coconut oil or olive

Multi vitamin

1 garlic tablet

16g fiber powder from Colonix

I'm also planning on doing a 3-5 day colon cleanse from blessedherbs.com- read some great stuff about that.

Guest yahyah

just checked out the blessedherbs.com website... and umm... sorry guys but anything that costs THAT MUCH for a bunch of tablets or what not has got to be a con!!!! Colon cleanse???? Have an enima done. Drink water. Your body can regulate itself!!!!

just checked out the blessedherbs.com website... and umm... sorry guys but anything that costs THAT MUCH for a bunch of tablets or what not has got to be a con!!!! Colon cleanse???? Have an enima done. Drink water. Your body can regulate itself!!!!

I agree. It costs a lot.

I also have tried using cheap tablets to do a colon cleanse. Then I tried expensive tablets (colonix). Then I went asking around for people that did a few things:

1. Did a colon cleanse that cleared up acne

2. Were SUPER satisfied with the product

Blessedherbs.com came up repeatedly.

I am in NO WAY associated with them. But I do know a few things about a blessed herbs colon cleanse that makes it the best:

1. If done with a fast it removes MUCOID PLAQUE after 2 days and continues until day 4-5.

What is mucoid plaque? It is a rubbery substance of basically rotting food and toxic stuff that lines your intestines and colon. IT IS GLUED ONTO YOUR INTESTINES/COLON. If you drink water and use an enema then it will not loosen up. It gets loose by taking the toxic absorber packets that attach to your intestinal walls. I WILL USE THIS COMPANY FOR LIFE.

If you were a friend of mine I would pay for half of the colon cleanse and then if you weren't satisfied with it I wouldn't ask for my half of the purchase. BUT IF YOU WERE, which I knew you would be. I would take my half of the money back.

Unfortunately we don't know each other so I won't do that. I can't recommend them highly enough.

I guess you have to be desperate and willing to do/pay whatever it takes to get healthy.

Think of it as 5 days worth of food. How much is a week of food? For me I spend maybe 30-40 bucks, maybe 50$ if I was eating out. Well that is half of the price right there! I know if you do it and you remove the mucoid plaque you will love it. AND ONLY YOU CAN DECIDE TO. GOODLUCK

Here's my take on it all. I LOVE MILK PRODUCTS!!! But it was brought to my attention that we are the only species that drinks animals breast milk past infancy. If you think about it, it does seem messed up.

My brother and sister both drink soy milk and have lost all white heads and improved their skin a lot.

Most babies are switched to soy milk after having a white head reaction to breast milk.

Think about what's in cow milk. I think about all the hormones and toxicity that are pumped into my glass of milk and cheese etc. Pretty gross anyway.

I've been off milk products for about 10 days now and my acne is finally responding to the topical meds my derm prescribed me. I just replaced it with lots of water and another source of protien.

Be careful before throwing our most ingredients. Most food is very healthy for you. I would suggest banning one item at a time and then you'll know what is actually affecting your outbreaks.

My derm told me that food related acne is a myth........that's insane. Diet controls your production of many hormones->>>>>>ACNE. Isn't that why we're supposed to take certain birth controls?

Mazzy :wall:

I don't believe in the paleo diet anymore!

Here are my stats:

1. Been on it STRICTLY for over 10 days (only had 1 cookie in 10 days, that is the only thing I have had other than meat, berry/fruits, vegetables, nuts.)

2. Started to feel tired the past few days

3. I am needing a nap today, which is bad becausse I workout daily. I should not need to nap. This diet is energy zapping!

I think I may eat too much meat (1lb of beef a day and 10oz of salmon). Because my body has no freckin energy. I will cut back on meat and therefore I will have to add some low GI/GL carbs. The paleo diet is too strict on no carbs. Meats are very acid, to eat high calories on the paleo diet will rot your body.

What the hell dude. The paleo diet isn't low carb, it's what you make it. It's eating certain carbs along with healthy protein.

Eat more fruits if you feel drained, your body is just used ot eating garbage filled with energy, it takes some getting used to. Stick with it, if you need to add in beans or other low GI/GL carbs that aren't paleo, they won't affect your skin.

Good Luck

Yeah man, you probably just have to refine your method. "Paleo diet" could mean several things depending on who is talking about it (look at your ancestry for a starting point, maybe?).

Fruits and veg generally have very low cal for their size. So, you would have to end up eating more of them than most people could reasonably eat/afford in a day to get a decent chunk of your calories from them (if you are active). Try adding in a few other things and see what happens.

Regardless, don't get stuck on an ideal. Experiment.

I don't believe in the paleo diet anymore!

Here are my stats:

1. Been on it STRICTLY for over 10 days (only had 1 cookie in 10 days, that is the only thing I have had other than meat, berry/fruits, vegetables, nuts.)

2. Started to feel tired the past few days

3. I am needing a nap today, which is bad becausse I workout daily. I should not need to nap. This diet is energy zapping!

I think I may eat too much meat (1lb of beef a day and 10oz of salmon). Because my body has no freckin energy. I will cut back on meat and therefore I will have to add some low GI/GL carbs. The paleo diet is too strict on no carbs. Meats are very acid, to eat high calories on the paleo diet will rot your body.

Well, there is a chance that your body is detoxing and getting used to the new diet. Lethargy is a common side effect at first.

But, seriously, if you are feeling tired, eat more carbs. Simple. Paleo doesn't restrict carbs at all, or fat or protein for that matter, so you have to experiment more to make it work for you. You can't really blame the diet.

Have you looked at Cordaine's Paleo diet for athletes? He addresses this exact problem with a tweaked version. I lift about 4 days a week and condition 2 or 3 days a week and I have no problems with tiredness or lack of energy on a Paleo diet. Also, I'm a competitive basketball player so I have games a few nights a week and I haven't had ill effects aside from the first week or so, or when I detox/flush.

Make the diet work for you if you believe in the end result of it.