Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UK_Guy

What *really* gets rid of whiteheads?

By whiteheads, I mean non-inflamed closed comedones, not pustules. I've had some success in the past with oral antibiotics preventing inflamed spots, but these do nothing for the dozens of whiteheads I have around my mounth and on my chin (I'm sure many of them have been there for years).

The only thing that seems to (temporarily) get rid of these is to squeeze them, but that often results in inflamed spots. BP doesn't seem to do anything for them, I'm trying SA at the moment, but have not noticed any change yet.

Do Differin and/or Retin-A get rid of whiteheads? I've only tried these products very briefly in the past, as have found them extremely irritating for my skin type.

Does accutane get rid of whiteheads?

Anything else?

Thanks

Retin-A is supposed to help with these. I've been using it with some success on the closed comedones on my forehead. I haven't experienced any irritation; I think this is because I only apply the Retin-A micro every other night.