Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

we all rant about how ugly we feel... but seriously, i never found anyone "ugly" because he/she had acne. i have a friend who had REALLY bad acne last year, (huge huge cysts, a million red marks and ice pick scars) and yet... she had ALL THE BOYS running after her. seriously... now she cleared her acne up with antibiotics and she's left with severe scarring, but the number of admirers she has hasn't increased/decreased. so.. maybe acne really isn't that bad? i don't think acne is "powerful" enough to hide a naturally beautiful face.

Guest Amy Lee

Acne is a hindrance, big time. But it no way can change a person's attractiveness. Yes it lessens the looks, but not the attractiveness the person within brings out.

Cheers.

Guest Craigems

cept in a alot of cases the outside ruins the inside and makes it crap all round. I say no, but some people can be all happy n stuff ... i wasnt but i'm pretty much acne free (tane) now, but still suffer from the tiredness effects of it so i'm still a lil grumpy.

Hey guys!!

Well a few days ago iw as thinking the EXACT same thing.

But a few days ago i as out with my bro and cousin. We were sitting by the window eating some wings adn there were these 3 girls standing outside infront of it. They kept looking at me. After a litle while my cous points to me and says "Hey you girls lie this guy?" (or sumthin liek thgat i was talkin with my brother) Than they gave a thumbs up, but then pointed to herself and did a hand motion saying she was too old and im too young (im 16 and she was like 25).

And im just thinking... I have a few pimples, and about 40 red marks (whch are fading thanks to aloe vera!) while my cousin and brother are compltely spotless, older, and i think better looking.

The world is very crazy

Guest Keeley

to answer the question in the title:

YES

you can be beautiful and have acne

end of debate.

The thing I find "ugly" about people with acne isn't the red bumps, it's the oily skin. It looks horrible to me, so of course, my skin looks worse than it is to me. tongue.gif It just looks so dirty, I dunno'.

But don't let that comment get to you, anyone. It's just through my slightly retarded eyes. Ha. tongue.gif

The thing I find "ugly" about people with acne isn't the red bumps, it's the oily skin. It looks horrible to me, so of course, my skin looks worse than it is to me. tongue.gif It just looks so dirty, I dunno'.

But don't let that comment get to you, anyone. It's just through my slightly retarded eyes. Ha. tongue.gif

Oily skin just looks greasy, like I see people who look like they haven't washed their face for days, and to me that is gross. Heck, maybe they haven't. tongue.gif I have very oily skin, and even after a whole day, mine is never that oily. I can't fathom someone's skin being oilier than mine, but again, I'm biased because I think my skin is oh-so-bad. tongue.gif

I don't mean to offend anyone, I know oily skin doesn't mean you're dirty.

Guest Avian

To be honest, clear people usually don't care about acne on others. As Craigems said, it's to do with the psychological effects - you clam up and your personality erodes. It's what's on the inside that really counts.

Beauty is not skin deep.

well maybe its just my crappy school but generaly a lot of people treat me like shit when my skin is looking bad. Its so fucked up coz weneva i look OK they all wanna hang out with u and stuff but i need people to be nice to me by far the most wen my self esteem is low because of acne.

Oh yeah you can be very attractive, Its all in how you carry yourself and how comfortable you are in your own skin. This guy that I met a while ago, we were flirting and having a good time, and the next day when my friend asked me to describe him I did and my other friend added in "but he has really bad acne"...I never noticed.

i've seen it's easier for guys to get away with acne then it is for girls - girls are expected to be pretty and polished and clean looking. although, i've seen many girls who were very sexy and had acne. i think the sex appeal overrides everything else. a girl doesn't have to have the perfect body or skin, but if she's charming and sexy ( sweet doesn't hurt either) and maybe a bit funny, people love her, and find her attractive.

Guest Anubis

We are all beautiful...acne or not!

nuff said

wub.gif