Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aizzuh

what's your excuse...

i have terrible back and chest acne and feel all awkward when my friends invite me to swim or go to the beach... i invent stupid excuses like i get rashes from chlorine (which is true, i did get rashes ONCE) or i have my period or something. tongue.gif gosh... it sucks.

Guest Amy Lee

I think it's better to tell them the truth, that you have body acne. I decline invites from them too, but I excuse myself by saying I don't wanna drown hehe. It's true still, I didn't know how to during those times.

since i dont have acne anymore its tough to tell them my scars keep me from going to the beach and taking my shirt off. so i just say i hate swimming easy enough, i really dont like it that much, the only reason i used to go was to use the diving board, ahh the memories of not wearing a shirt in public those were the days when i took it for granted. eusa_boohoo.gifeusa_boohoo.gifeusa_boohoo.gifeusa_boohoo.gif

I don't mind going to the beach. It's relaxing to lay out in the sun. I'm not much of a swimmer though. I know how and I used to do it all the time. It's harder for me now, I'm kinda heavy and tend to sink lol.gif

I like swimming, but everytime I go, I worry about my foundation rubbing off or something. I also have some acne on my back, but I have long hair that will cover it all up. eusa_angel.gif

I have a few stretch marks on my hips that bug me pretty bad. If u'r body acne bothers u that bad why not just wear a tshirt over ur bathing suit?

Guest Amy Lee
If u'r body acne bothers u that bad why not just wear a tshirt over ur bathing suit?

whenever u see someone with a tshirt people make fun of u and say ur covering it up for a reason ex: fat or acne

i find just moing the lawn on a summer day clears my body acne good.

Whenever I'm forced to, I put on a tshirt. If that's not an option, I make various excuses; don't wanna get a sunburn, I'm busy, too tired, etc.

You guys are hilarious. The excuses we make up to not be seen with ugly acne. I also have stretch marks so I'm doomed. I dont have chest or arm acne. I do get some on my middle upper back if I don't apply 2% BHA Lotion and extra strength blemish fighting solution from Paula's Choice. I find that keeps my back clear and I can wear tank tops. I had a baby 2 years ago and I lost the weight but I have stretch marks all over my stomach and thighs, its pretty gross. I go to the gym and used to get tans to try to cover it up but since I started doxy 2 weeks ago I haven't gone back to the tanning salon because of the sensitivity to sun/light. A couple of years ago I wore a t shirt over my bathing suit cause I was embarrassed of my back acne and some guy came over and told me I had to take it off or get out of the pool. So embarassing! I'm going to try going to the beach this year, I don't think its that bad.

i have terrible back and chest acne and feel all awkward when my friends invite me to swim or go to the beach... i invent stupid excuses like i get rashes from chlorine (which is true, i did get rashes ONCE) or i have my period or something. tongue.gif gosh... it sucks.

I dont make excuses..I love the beach, cant stay away. I have some acne scars on my back but my hair is long and covers it up pretty well..besides, once you get there, chances are you will see many people who, in reality, look alot worse than you think you do...

You guys are hilarious.  The excuses we make up to not be seen with ugly acne.  I also have stretch marks so I'm doomed.  I dont have chest or arm acne.  I do get some on my middle upper back if I don't apply 2% BHA Lotion and extra strength blemish fighting solution from Paula's Choice.  I find that keeps my back clear and I can wear tank tops.  I had a baby 2 years ago and I lost the weight but I have stretch marks all over my stomach and thighs, its pretty gross.  I go to the gym and used to get tans to try to cover it up but since I started doxy 2 weeks ago I haven't gone back to the tanning salon because of the sensitivity to sun/light.  A couple of years ago I wore a t shirt over my bathing suit cause I was embarrassed of my back acne and some guy came over and told me I had to take it off or get out of the pool.  So embarassing!  I'm going to try going to the beach this year, I don't think its that bad.

Yeh I avoid going too..

Especially if a girl asks.. its like my dark hidden secret that must be concealed ahhaha.

Tough situation boys and gals... In the end we are dumb asses for being so self conscious....

Oh well

if it's body acne you're worried about why not buy a surfing shirt like Billabong makes? it's made out of swimsuit material but covers your chest and back. I have one..it was a gift so I'm not sure how much they cost..I'm sure it's quite a bit but it might be worth it. They are fashionable and they will withstand lakewater or water from the ocean. Hope it all works out, best of luck!

I used to make excuses not to go to pool parties and stuff because I was overweight. But running every night for the last year has slimmed me down considerably. I now go out to swim and go to the beach every chance I can get. biggrin.gif Body acne is pretty much non-existant on me. I get one active pimple on my back/chest about once every month. It fades in a week and doesn't leave a red mark.