The good guys-

Cantaloupe

Strawberries

Pineapple

Chicken soup

Broccolli

Celery

Jello

i still say greasy foods break me out.. which some i just cant give up. i dont know what helps. sad.gif nothin i guess.

Guest Amy Lee

I stayed away from:

oily foods (fried, butter, etc.)

seafoods (crab, shrimp, etc.)

chocolates

nuts (peanuts, almonds, all kinds)

chips

but I still breakout.

I ate:

fresh fruits (pear, apple, banana, etc.)

oats

steamed foods

drank only water

but I too still breakout.

So I finally decided and concluded to myself that I can eat anything, because alot of people don't bother with these and eat anything they want and still have clear complexion.

I'll start with a few...

The bad ones-

Fresh coconut

Spices

Asparagus

Turkey

Seaweed

Pizza

Cereal

The good guys-

Cantaloupe

Strawberries

Pineapple

Chicken soup

Broccolli

Celery

Jello

chocolate makes me break out! Raisins i have found to be good for my skin. And melon is the best.

Your Diet does matter!!!! I'm a naturopathic medical student who is dealing with a recurrence of acne. I haven't had it in years, but stress has brought it all out again. This is what I'm doing to heal myself from the inside out to prevent anymore breakouts. (People pay big money to get this advice from a Naturopathic physician!) Any foods that cause inflammation willcontribute to acne and other health problems (stomach ulcers, candida, leaky gut syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome, Chron's disease, etc..)! Foods that can cause inflammation are: refined sugar (yes that includes soda, candy, chocolate), too many simple carbohydrates (bread, rice, flour-all turn into glucose (sugar) in the body, can lead to candida), too many red meats (promotes arachidonic acid which causes inflammation).

Okay, here's what everyone should be eating: Organic veggies and fruit, cold water fish that's wild caught (avoid bottom-feeder seafood like shrimp and avoid too much tuna because of high mercury levels), Non GMO-soy (no genetically modified please!), tofu, green tea (antioxidants), tons of water (at least 64 ounces per day!).

I'm not a doctor yet, so I can only tell you what is working for me: Probiotics to heal up the stomach (your immune system is mainly tied up in the gut), EFA's (essential fatty acids) which reduces inflammation, a good multiple vitamin with enough calcium. Also, get food allergy tested because if you're eating foods that you're allergic to, you'll be causing inflammation which will promote acne. Also, please manage your stress in your life! Massage, yoga, tai chi, walking, whatever exercise that helps you to chill out!!!! Less stress, less acne! Another thing to consider is your hormones! A simple blood test can determine what your levels are doing. If there's too much testosterone (even if you're female!), it can be a cause of acne. So, I would say to go find a Naturopathic Physician in your area because there are a lot of things that can be done. It takes time to heal your body from the inside out, but once you're healed, you won't get acne anymore. A healthy lifestyle equals a healthy body equals no acne!

I'll be writing in more to let you know my journey about healing thyself.

Alicia

Your Diet does matter!!!!  I'm a naturopathic medical student who is dealing with a recurrence of acne.  I haven't had it in years, but stress has brought it all out again.  This is what I'm doing to heal myself from the inside out to prevent anymore breakouts. (People pay big money to get this advice from a Naturopathic physician!)  Any foods that cause inflammation willcontribute to acne and other health problems (stomach ulcers, candida, leaky gut syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome, Chron's disease, etc..)!  Foods that can cause inflammation are: refined sugar (yes that includes soda, candy, chocolate), too many simple carbohydrates (bread, rice, flour-all turn into glucose (sugar) in the body, can lead to candida), too many red meats (promotes arachidonic acid which causes inflammation). 

Okay, here's what everyone should be eating: Organic veggies and fruit, cold water fish that's wild caught (avoid bottom-feeder seafood like shrimp and avoid too much tuna because of high mercury levels), Non GMO-soy (no genetically modified please!), tofu, green tea (antioxidants), tons of water (at least 64 ounces per day!).

I'm not a doctor yet, so I can only tell you what is working for me:  Probiotics to heal up the stomach (your immune system is mainly tied up in the gut), EFA's (essential fatty acids) which reduces inflammation, a good multiple vitamin with enough calcium.  Also, get food allergy tested because if you're eating foods that you're allergic to, you'll be causing inflammation which will promote acne.  Also, please manage your stress in your life!  Massage, yoga, tai chi, walking, whatever exercise that helps you to chill out!!!!  Less stress, less acne!  Another thing to consider is your hormones!  A simple blood test can determine what your levels are doing.  If there's too much testosterone (even if you're female!), it can be a cause of acne.  So, I would say to go find a Naturopathic Physician in your area because there are a lot of things that can be done.  It takes time to heal your body from the inside out, but once you're healed, you won't get acne anymore.  A healthy lifestyle equals a healthy body equals no acne!

I'll be writing in more to let you know my journey about healing thyself.

Alicia

Yes, carrots break me out. Pineapples are BAD for acne. All nuts break me out unfortunately. Anything dairy and all seafood. POPCORN is the WORST for my skin.

I have found a little trick though that seems to work great. If you really have to eat something that you know will probably lead to a breakout, before you eat it take some acidophilus (probiotics) and then after you eat it take at least 4 grams of fiber in supplement form. I take fiberchoice. This seems to keep the food I eat from effecting my skin.

Greasy or buttery foods increase my likelihood of breaking out. Pizza, fried chicken, hot dogs, tacos, and nachos often cause some problems. I haven't noticed if any food is particularly good at preventing breakouts.

According to this: http://www.all-creatures.org/health/iodineandthy.html

Nori [ seaweed ] is relatively low in iodine and should be safe....

these are the sheets that you buy at the grocery and can be used to make sushi rolls.

ALSO, according to this:

http://www.health24.com/dietnfood/Whats_in...-47-108-113.asp

iodine helps regulate the thyroid, which is a good thing...

The RDA for iodine is 150mcg a day for adults.

therefore, turkey, asparagus, and seaweed [ nori ] in normal ammount SHOULD be safe for acne --- perhaps something else is problematic OR the person is taking a multivitamin already that has 150mcg of iodine or more in it already, which could lead to excess ammounts.

what do you think???

I'll start with a few...

The bad ones-

Fresh coconut

Spices

Asparagus

Turkey

Seaweed

Pizza

Cereal

The good guys-

Cantaloupe