Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dispatch2403

Needing some advice

Hey guys, I'm very very new to this board, I just found it tonight. It's really cool that there is a board like this where I can come and talk to people about this without feeling ashamed of my face and body. Anywho...I guess I'll introduce myself. My name is Ian. I'm 19 and from Tennessee. I've had acne for about 3 years now. I've been to two dermatologists that haven't helped treat it at all.

I'm including some pictures that I just took tonight of my acne. I was wondering how you guys might classify it. As far as I can tell from most other pictures I've seen, I'd call it moderate (maybe?). It has its times where it can be really good and other times where it's just horrible.

I've really just been dealing with it for the past few years. I've got a girlfriend and she finds me attractive, so that helps me somewhat... but there are so many times where I'll just be in bed at night crying and wishing I could have better skin. I currently am showering with Purpose bar soap by Johnson & Johnson. Some friends of mine used that for a while and it helped clear them up significantly. In addition to that, I have been using Differin gel on and off.

Here's the pictures:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Please pardon my extremely pale skin. I'm quite Irish. smile.gif

I've basically come here to ask for your advice on what you guys think I should do as far as treatment for my particular case.

Thank you so much.

- Ian

I guess i would classify it as "moderate". Its not that bad at all.

If i was you, unless your current setup is getting good results, I would definately try out the regimen. That seems to cure it for most people, and if after 2 months it hasnt done much, you can try tweaking it and then doing your own route. However, many people get sucess with the regimen. More than you may think, because are successful people going to come on this message board for help? No, just the minority of people whom it didnt work for for some reason. Try it out, it cleared me up perfectly.

Hi Ian,

and welcome to the forum. This is a wonderful place for those of us who were not lucky enough to have perfect skin.

I think the Purpose cleanser is a good choice, but you also need something to actively kill the acne. I have found success using the Clear Skin Regimen from this website. If you go to the top of this page and click on the link for it, you can read all about it, how to do it, supplies you need. In fact, the Purpose cleanser is one that is recommended to use with the regimen, all you would need to add is a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide product (such as Neutrogena on-the-spot, or Dan's bp gel), and then an oil-free non-comedogenic moisturizer. Anyway, read up on it and see what you think.

As far as treating acne on the back and chest area, this is a bit trickier since it is such a large area, and benzoyl peroxide does bleach fabrics. Some people are using a product with salicylic acid for the back and chest area, there are a few products like sprays you can use to spray the back and chest areas. I don't know how effective they are, but you might ask on one of the other forums, such as body acne forum.

Anyway, The Regimen is a good facial regimen, and alot of people on this forum are using it with success.

Good luck.

Guest Anubis

Hi Ian!!!!

Welcome biggrin.gif !!! I am using the Regimen here with good results. I have mild/moderate acne too! You should try it. You could use your differin on your back and chest. Also I used to use C&C Continuous Control wash on my face but had to quite. It was harsh (10%BP) But being the cheepskate I am, I could not throw it out ...so I finished the tube on my chest area and it worked great there (go figure???) It did not bleach out any of my clothes ( because I'm guessing...you rinse it off ) Check out the body acne forum too!

Wow, thank you guys very much for all your advice. I think I'm definitely going to start trying this Regimen treatment (considering I already am using Purpose). I hope it'll clear things up fast. I'll keep track of it and maybe start one of these galleries.

Seriously, thank you guys so much for having such a great community like this.

Just remember to have lots of patience. I've been dealing with acne since about 8th grade but i finally have it under control. Good luck to you and have patience.