Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ETERNALacne

Salicylic for sensitive skin

It would help if Dan addressed the sensitivity issue with benzoyl peroxide. I for one can get contact dermatitis from it and it flares up my eczema.

While I use BP sparingly and off and on, it is highly irritable to skin.

Salicylic, in concert with alcohol, can be antibacterial and exfoliating and far less irritating to skin. Nature's Cure body spray achieves this with an emollient botanical base.

Dan should considering marketing a salicylic acid product.

Finally, the gels are made of carbomer and other synthetic gel-like ingredients that can irritate skin. The Nature's Cure body spray doesn't have gel-fillers and this is less irritable to skin.

yeah but the BP works for more people than the salicylic acid does. Hes only ever gonna concentrate on the majority isnt he, even if it doesnt suit every single one of us. There are other forums here for other regimens anyway

With me, it's the opposite. I put a little bit of salicylic acid on once, and it stings like crazy and keeps stinging for hours. I put it on before bedtime and I had to sleep on my hands to keep in from face. And the next morning, it looked the same as it did before. In other words, it did NOTHING and it was like torture putting that stuff on.

I never used it again. With BP, I always see a difference in the morning after I put it on and it doesn't hurt me.

It would help if Dan addressed the sensitivity issue with benzoyl peroxide.  I for one can get contact dermatitis from it and it flares up my eczema.

While I use BP sparingly and off and on, it is highly irritable to skin.

Salicylic, in concert with alcohol, can be antibacterial and exfoliating and far less irritating to skin.  Nature's Cure body spray achieves this with an emollient botanical base. 

Dan should considering marketing a salicylic acid product.

Finally, the gels are made of carbomer and other synthetic gel-like ingredients that can irritate skin.  The Nature's Cure body spray doesn't have gel-fillers and this is less irritable to skin.