Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Today I went to the dermatologist to get one of my monthly cysts lanced ad dranied, as well as to tell her that my GYNO said I infact do not have cysts on my ovaries, so we can rule that out. We've been through everything and I feel like I tried everything, so I just wanted to put what I have done on a list, and see if anyone can add anything to it, that I haven't tried...please, I'm 24 and I've been dealing with this since the 5th grade and I feel aweful that my parents have spent oogles of money on things that did nothing for my face, so here goes...

1. tetracycline, minocycline, eurithromicine

2. retin-a-up to highest strenght

3. benzycline

4. differin

5. glycolic peels for 8 months up to 70%

6. Jessner peel (the strongest chemical peel you can have)

7. microdermabrasion--every 10 days along with two facials a week for a little over a year

8. taking a diuretic --spironolactone

75mg

9. pro-active

10. Accutane (three different cycles) at age 14, 15, 16

11. lots of vitamin suppliments

12. got on birth control

I probably forgot some, or the names have changed, but if there's any more that anyone can think of would you let me no??

Any help would be great:)

OH YES...has anyone every had a biopsy of there skin condition taken??

I did one today, but was curious if anyone could tell me what they found out with theirs??

I had a biopsy of a mole when I was 14. Then a month ago I had another biopsy of 2 more moles. Mine came back benign. Hope all goes well.

Wow Dnarin;

Sounds like you have been through alot. It was interesting to hear you mention about seeing your GNYO to rule out cysts on ovaries. Sounds like your really on top of everything. Have you looked into the ALA Plotodynanic Light Therapy or Omnilite (BLue Lite) Therapy. My daughter has done just the Blue Lite on her back and we have seen great results. It's nice because it is completely non-invasive. No side effects at all. Only problem is that alot of insurances don't cover it because they consider it cosmetic. And its expensive.

What great parents you have to be so sensitive to your suffering, to feel your pain and want to help you regardless of the expense.

Take care and good luck

There are also lots of interesting posts about certain diets really helping with acne. Sounds like that could be a option to if you have not already checked in to it.

Shit, thats just not fair ay, some God we have dont you think? Doesn't help us with anything...anyway I feel so sorry for you, I was gonna say go on Accutane but then I just read through your thing again and saw you've already been on 3 cycles of it. Hrmmm I dont know what to say, I'm not a dermo, going on Accutane would be my best advice but you've already been on that. Sorry cry.gif

Thank you so much for actually responding:) y'all:)

Rowan-- what kind of acne did your daughter have?? I actually have an appt to talk with a doctor to talk about my options with light therapy and any other possibilities so I'm curious about the procedure. My acne is "cystic" even though the bumps under my skin are smaller than what is normally considered an actual "cyst". I have like hundreds of little bumps under the skin on my cheeks, jaw, and around my mouth and chin. They aren't red but they are little sacks that won't open up.(I do get the very big cysts too, but I usualy have them removed by the doctor or drained or whatever) I did find out from the biopsy that there are two kinds of cysts, one is practically impossible to treat, and the other is treatable. The doctor said that mine is treatable, but my pores are so tiny and my oil glands are producing so much oil that they are clogging up really tight. I had my hormones tested as well and my testoserone levels were really high, so she put me on spironolactone (100mg) a day,retin-a, and minocycline (even though I've been on the last two before I'm trying them again). I have actually seen some results and it's only been 3 weeks! It would be a miracle if this helps! So if anyone has this kind of acne, this combination is actually doing something for me, so I hope that helps somebody.

Thank you so much for actually responding:) y'all:)

Rowan-- what kind of acne did your daughter have?? I actually have an appt to talk with a doctor to talk about my options with light therapy and any other possibilities so I'm curious about the procedure.  My acne is "cystic" even though the bumps under my skin are smaller than what is normally considered an actual "cyst". I have like hundreds of little bumps under the skin on my cheeks, jaw, and around my mouth and chin.  They aren't red but they are little sacks that won't open up.(I do get the very big cysts too, but I usualy have them removed by the doctor or drained or whatever)  I did find out from the biopsy that there are two kinds of cysts, one is practically impossible to treat, and the other is treatable.  The doctor said that mine is treatable, but my pores are so tiny and my oil glands are producing so much oil that they are clogging up really tight. I had my hormones tested as well and my testoserone levels were really high, so she put me on spironolactone (100mg) a day,retin-a, and minocycline (even though I've been on the last two before I'm trying them again).  I have actually seen some results and it's only been 3 weeks!  It would be a miracle if this helps! So if anyone has this kind of acne, this combination is actually doing something for me, so I hope that helps somebody.