Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jaded

Starting the regimen, 4/26/05...

I am probably the oldest person on this board, 37, with mild/moderate acne, mostly hormonal chin, mouth, jaw area, also on the sides of my nose. Basically down the middle of my face. For some reason my forehead and cheeks are clear.

Have had acne forever, been to derms on and off for years, cleared with minocycline and some topicals, but got several yeast infections and went off. Now due to circumstances beyond our control I have no health insurance and can not afford a derm.

I did the regimen before, and got pretty clear, but did not like how dull and flakey my skin looked so I stopped and have not been clear since. This time I'm doing it exactly as descibed. I was even lucky enough to find the Eucerin Skin Renewal on sale at my drug store. Hopefully this will help with my skin's dull appearance.

I will be using;

AM

Purpose Soap

Neutrogena On the Spot (until my order for Dan's BP arrives)

Eucerin Skin Renewal

PM

Purpose Soap

Neutrogena OtS

Paula's Choice Moisture Gel

I am also following a Perriconeish diet, low glycemic index, lots of water, salads, berries, apples, etc. Been doing that for a few weeks, but that alone is not enough to keep the acne at bay. So hopefully a healthy diet combined with Dan's Regimen will be enough to clear me for good.

I will update every few days or so. Hopefully someone out there around my age (or not) will find this helpful.

Wish me luck!!

J

Well I look awful today. Have 4 pustules in a row on my chin- I feel like I could play connect the dots- and 3 whiteheads. Also like a welt zit under my eye. It's bugging the crap out of me.

My face was itchy today and I washed it in the afternoon because the pustules were about to explode, and I had to go to work. I hope I didn't do any more damage by washing an extra time.

It's so hard for me to stick with a regimen. I already want to give up. But I will give it 8 weeks.

I wish I could stop obsessing.

j

Update-5/4/05.

I've been on Dan's regimen for a full week, doing it by the book! I got his BP gel about three days after I ordered it. I can honestly say it is the BEST BP treatment I have ever used. I can not believe he has made a product FAR superior to anything Neutrogena, J&J, Clearasil, Paula's Choice, you name it, has put out. For me there was no irritation, it spreads like a dream, no pastey white residue like OTS.

Well now on to the results. Just as I am doing a textbook regimen, I am getting textbook results. The pustules and welt I was complaining about a week ago are gone. All that is left are the light pink/purplish marks in their places.

Now for the not so good news. I am getting going through a new breakout, just as explained in the what to expect section. They are all along my chin and jaw, though and healing more quickly than usual. They seem to go from being under the skin, to a head, to healing in a 24-48 hour period.

My skin texture looks even and healthy. I 'm not sure if it's the BP or the Eucerin Skin Renewal, or both.

Looking forward to more improvements over the next week.

Oh, and also although the healthy diet didn't clear my skin, I'm sticking with it because I lost 6 pounds! Yippee!!