Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

I have these reddish marks that pimples have left behind. I have tons of them on my cheek and forehead. I've heard that they should just go away by themselves in about 6 to 12 months, so I've waited, and waited, and waited, and they're still there. Should I start using something to make them go away, or is it already too late? Will these reddish dots ever go away?

Posted
I have these reddish marks that pimples have left behind. I have tons of them on my cheek and forehead. I've heard that they should just go away by themselves in about 6 to 12 months, so I've waited, and waited, and waited, and they're still there. Should I start using something to make them go away, or is it already too late? Will these reddish dots ever go away?

Posted

Tazorac and sunscreen faded my red marks extremely quickly. From everything I've read, the sun darkens redmarks so wear sunscreen would be my advice. I like Neutrogena ultra sheer spf 30.

Posted

Hmmm, well I have a bottle of Aloe Vera. It seems like a lot of people are saying it's good for scars, I guess I'll give that I try. How long will it take?

Posted

Is Tazorac a prescription drug?

Posted

Yes, Tazorac is a perscription drug. You apply it at night before you go to sleep.

Red marks are definitely tricky. Some go away quickly, some take some time, and some take months and months. Patience is definitely a virtue. As much as 6-12 months waiting time for your marks to fade is excruciatingly hard to endure, your red marks will fade.

Diet has a huge influence on the inflammation of your skin (in this case, your marks). So watch out for that. Many people have tried ACV (apple cider vinegar) and most have had good results. So you should definitely check out pasha's advice or other threads concerning the use of ACV. Aloe vera is really dependent on your skin. It can be either soothing or irritating.

All in all. Chin up. Your red marks will fade.

Posted

So do you swab your face with apple cider vinegar and then leave it on, or wash it off after a few minutes? I've tried diluted lemon juice before and it burned my face red, are you sure ACV is gentle enough?

Posted
So do you swab your face with apple cider vinegar and then leave it on, or wash it off after a few minutes? I've tried diluted lemon juice before and it burned my face red, are you sure ACV is gentle enough?

Posted

Dont worry man, same here. I just recently bought aloe vera gel, as I heard it does something for the scars / red marks? Just keep the spirit up, many ARE feeling the same as you, including me. I'm just hoping this gel will shed some light for me.

Posted
Tazorac and sunscreen faded my red marks extremely quickly.  From everything I've read, the sun darkens redmarks so wear sunscreen would be my advice.  I like Neutrogena ultra sheer spf 30.

Posted

im using "lilly of the desert" aloe vera whihc is as pure as u can get without buying a plant. After about 2.5-3 weeks of using it i see results. They are smaller and now look more liek my skin colour.

By the summer time im thinking that they should be gone.

Posted

I'd reccomend aloe vera over ACV, and all the skin lightening creams.