Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i am gonna go get myself a bunch of b5 from the health food store. i have some questions before i do so

1) once i am totally clear, should i decrease amount, or keep full 10g/day for 3 months?

2) since b5 is for oily skin, how do i know that oily skin is the cause of my acne?

3) how long do most people take the full 10g/day dosage for?

4) what is the ideal maintenance dose after totally clearing?

5) do you guys use topicals along with it? or do you just let it run its course?

6) if you do use topicals, what ones do you use and do you use them only to control the initial breakout than stop using after that?

7) approx how many L's of water should i drink a day? I drink about 5-6 as it is

thx to anyone who can help me out.

Hmm ... i don't think you can achieve 100% clear with just b5 i'm more thinking just 50% clear or more but not a big #..

More oil is equal to more production of Sebum which causes acne(Don't you read information?)

I just started to drink 6-8 L of water daily and it seems to be working my complexion is more hydrated...

I'm only taking 2 Gr daily Timed Released since i know i can't take 20 pills daily

Yes but is oil the ONLY cause of acne? Because I never seem to be very oily yet lately I've been getting 2-3 new pimples forming a day....dont get it. When I run my finger over my face I do notice a slight bit of moisture being taken off (my finger gets shiny from it), but it doesnt seem like much oil. Oh well, gonna give B5 a shot too.

How about its what you eat?

You are what you EAT!!

I've seen people who are sooo clear that McDonald's literally everyday but in return their image is very fat and they complain that they take their DIET COKE with their meal and drink this and that so there has to be a cause for acne...

I think it's either what you eat and put on your face

One last question about it. I'm trying to gain weight/muscle mass at the same time as I will be taking B5...does it really cause you to lose weight? If it does, how does it do this, just make you less hungry or something else? thanks to anyone that knows biggrin.gif

For me it doesn't do that it makes me hungry usually!!

Like for instance if i just finished eating either lunch or dinner 30mins i would feel a great hunger upon me don't know if that's part of a side affect but i now eat like 4-5 meals a day small ones though not tooo big

Yea I'm also attempting to drink nothing but water for the next 3 weeks, cutting out all pop/juice/milk. Gonna see if that has any effect at all, hopefully it does smile.gif As for eating, I'm already eating pretty healthy.