Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sissuperstar

Accutane v.s Generic

Okay so I'm upset - I was all clear to start accutane and found out the insurance company denied me. They said I have to try the generic version first - but note didn't tell me this last week when I called before I went to the Drs. office. Anway so it looks like I have to try the generic - any suggestions on which generic to try. I'm so upset!

there is absolutely no difference between generic and brand.

I tried genetric sotret and didnt find anything wrong with it.

sissy....take a deep breath. generic accutane is different in only ONE way....it's almost half the price of brand. it works just as well. sotret, amnesteem, claravis, accutane, all isotretinoin. you'll be ok. biggrin.gif

XXXpcXXX

Thanks - I felt so sad that I didn't get to take accutane - that makes me feel a little better. All the generic brands are the same price on my insurance so is there one that would be better for some reason.

i switched once...went from claravis to amnesteem than back to claravis, but only because i got my script filled at safeway instead of walgreens. didnt notice a bit of difference except the packaging. as long as it has isotretinoin as the active ingredient, then for all intents and purposes, its accutane.

XXXpcXXX

sissy....take a deep breath.  generic accutane is different in only ONE way....it's almost half the price of brand.  it works just as well.  sotret, amnesteem, claravis, accutane, all isotretinoin.  you'll be ok.  biggrin.gif

XXXpcXXX