Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I_hate_acne

When do you think its time to see a professional?

I've had bad acne for almost 4 years now. My acne was at it's worst about 2 years ago, and since then it has gotten a little better, though I still get cysts. I guess I havent seen a dermatologist because I've been just waiting for my acne to go away...stupid me. mad.gif Anyway, now my face has some scars and my skin is really uneven, plus as I said before I still get some pimples, sometimes more than others. I'm thinking about finally getting some real help. Do you think a dermatologist will still be able to help me, or is it just too late since most of the damage has already been done. cry.gif

I was the same as you - I waited a long time before i got any treatment then i just went to the doctors and got a few things it wasn't till i got really upset about it and had tried everything was a referred to a derm where i recieved accutane and now things are looking up, I am going to have bad scars but that is something that can be treated.

the earlier the better but it is never too late

good luck