Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i havent checked the link you posted but what i know is that ZMA (Zinc, Magnesium, Vitamine B6) are playing a great role in natural production of testosterone in the human body, its known that a too high or low amount of testosteron can cause acne, back aches and many other various side effects.

Remember to take copper if you supplement with zinc.

In some studies, zinc has been linked to skin health because it enhances the immune system, reduces inflammation, and promotes healthy hormone levels. Acne may improve as a result. In one study, zinc when taken in conjunction with topical prescription antibiotic solutions, such as erythromycin and clindamycin, considerably increased the capacity of these medications to clear up the acne.

Because long-term use of zinc inhibits copper absorption, it should be taken along with that mineral. One study reported that participants taking 30 mg of zinc daily had a clearer complexion after two months than participants taking a placebo, at least according to the evaluating physicians. In a separate study, zinc performed as well as the standard acne antibiotic, tetracycline.

My son takes 50 mg a day and has seen improvement.

I cant find any copper supplements, or are we just suppose to eat or drink water with copper in it.