Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CaNniBaL 0x

Buying BP in stores

Right now I'm on the ProActiv system, but since I ran out of BP my acne's getting a bit worse. My next shipment won't be here for another 2 weeks even though it's already shipped.

So, I'm wondering what kind of BP products that I can buy from a typical store, what's the best thing to buy, and what kind of price am I looking at?

Any personal experiences (both with a BP product or ProActiv BP and switching) are appreciated.

Thanks.

- CaN 0

Well, the only widely available 2.5% benzoyl peroxide is called Neutrogena On-the-Spot benzoyl peroxide (get the vanishing not tinted version). Many people use it and find it to be acceptable.

You're likely to find a very wide selection of BP in your drug store. You could find 10%, 5%, 2.5%, tinted, and untinted. I'd reccomend 2.5% BP since it is just as effective as the higher percentage BP's without the extra irritation, if you have a choice between tinted and untinted i'd choose the untinted, the tinted can make it look like u'r wearing makeup shock.gif

Thanks for the input so far, I just have a few questions.

How much does this stuff cost?

Is the higer % BP gel going to work better, or irritate my skin? I started using the 2.5% BP gel with ProActiv, a finger once a day for a few days, then I went twice a day. I never got red or had any irritation, if that factors into what I buy at all.

How will it work in conjunction with ProActiv's first two steps? Should I wait on my ProActiv BP or cut out ProActiv completely, or mesh the two?

Did anyone experience any adaptaion period, or any time when you broke out because you switched products?

Thanks again.

- CaN 0