Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My dr. said fatty meals. The problem is I'm on a low cal diet (so far down a dress size - yay for me). So what kind of food can I take it w/ and still not go off the diet. I read somewhere whole milk? Dairy was bad for minocylcine - is it not for accutane?

Just get a muffin or two and load them with butter. That's what I do. I'm on a "diet" too for weightlifting.

Sorry guys. I might be in the minority with this. But I would just say take it with food. I have eaten it with a piece of bread or just a regular meal. I dont see any reason why it has to be a high fat meal.

I think any balanced meal will work. I have done this and the results have been great. I am a bodybuilder, so I do not eat many high fat meals. Anyway, my skin and lips are very dry and I am clear......

Like I said, there are times that I have eaten it with just a slice of bread and it works fine........just my opinion and what has worked for me.

Remember also that Accutane raises cholesterol. You are not doing yourself any favors by eating a bunch of junk, like fast food. a well-balanced diet would serve to be more beneficial in the long run.

Sorry guys. I might be in the minority with this. But I would just say take it with food. I have eaten it with a piece of bread or just a regular meal. I dont see any reason why it has to be a high fat meal.

I think any balanced meal will work. I have done this and the results have been great. I am a bodybuilder, so I do not eat many high fat meals. Anyway, my skin and lips are very dry and I am clear......

Like I said, there are times that I have eaten it with just a slice of bread and it works fine........just my opinion and what has worked for me.

Remember also that Accutane raises cholesterol. You are not doing yourself any favors by eating a bunch of junk, like fast food. a well-balanced diet would serve to be more beneficial in the long run.

thanks for all your advice. I thought I might get whole milk and drink a glass at dinner and just count the calories. I think the fat in it will help and I don't have go off the diet. Thanks for the information. Also will you please remove the last F word from the post - I don't like swear words - ha - I know I'm a nerd. Thanks though - and thanks for all the different opinions it's good to get everyone's thoughts.

okay i know this is a dumb question but when they say take w/ food - do they mean right before you eat, right after, or during - ha i know dumb - but hey might as well do it right.

yeah..should you take it before during or after the meal? Ive been taking it right after i eat but im wondering this too.

Also...is it ok to eat dairy products with the pill? Ive been programed with minocycline to avoid dairy because it interferes with the dissolving of the medicine..or at least i think thats why dairy messes it up...

I don't think you need to add extra fat to your diet, just take it with your fattiest meal of the day. It is actually important to take it with some fat because that promotes maximum absorption. I have been taking it right after dinner with a glass of 2% milk (which I drink anyway).

Just drink a glass of milk in the morning and then have a normal dinner. You have to have some fat, so there you go...

LOL: Two buttered muffins in the morning could be the worst breakfast I ever heard!

Muffins are so high in calories and fat and butter is like heart attack food. I cannot believe you made that comment and actually believe it.

You need a lesson in nutrition my friend.

Plain and simple: Yes, take accutane with food. Take it in conjunction with your normal diet. But don't use it as an excuse to load up on fat and junk. Accutane PROMOTES high cholesterol anyway. Don't add extra to your system so that when your skin is clear, your arteries are clogged.....

Think about it and I am sure you will agree. Again, I have been taking it on a basically bodybuilding diet and have had great results. I do not add extra fat. There is no reason whatsoever.

They say take it with fatty foods because accutane, as a retinoid, is a vitamin-a derivative and therefore fat soluble. Hypothetically, it optimizes absorption.

Guest Craigems
Just get a muffin or two and load them with butter. That's what I do. I'm on a "diet" too for weightlifting.

yeh, right before, during and after will all be about the same... the tablet just works best with food in your stomach.