Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After going on Accutane last year at about this time, and taking it for a hellish 6 months, I hoped I'd be clear today. However, I never really did have nice skin, becasue just as my red marks started to heal, I started breaking out again. yay. I've got like, 10 big active red pimples! Not fair! My question is, do you think I'd have better luck with Accutane a second time? Do the odds increase in my favor? Will the side effects be worse?

After going on Accutane last year at about this time, and taking it for a hellish 6 months, I hoped I'd be clear today.  However, I never really did have nice skin, becasue just as my red marks started to heal, I started breaking out again.  yay.  I've got like, 10 big active red pimples!  Not fair!  My question is, do you think I'd have better luck with Accutane a second time?  Do the odds increase in my favor?  Will the side effects be worse?

I can't tell you if the second time will do it for you, since I'm just about to finish my second round but I can tell you the side effects at least I found were much less. Its just easier the seond time because you know exactly what to expect.

Thats really good to hear. I think the first time I was taking too much Tane anyways. This time will be much less. How is the second time working out for you? How much did it help you the first time?

I'm interested in some thoughts on this, too.

Do you have fewer side effects the second time?

Does it work faster/slower/the same?

I read somewhere the little bumps under the skin (my daughters type of acne) is the hardest to cure, even with accutane. Aargh. She took accutane last summer for 6 months, got perfectly clear on her back, 95% on her face, slowly the acne came back.

Last yr i was having accutane too, it was called nimegen. i didn't noe it was actually accutane until i had nose bleed and decided to check out on the drug.

lol.. perhaps i was sleeping during the doctor talking..

i had 10mg per day, weighing 60kg+, for 6mths. altho i was nv totally clear.. the oil has reduced to almost nothing and with several whiteheads then come and goes within days.

but aft the course, for abt half a yr.. my skin starts to turn oily again. there's some cysts and a little whiteheads.

i was thinking of taking a 2nd time too.

but i'm on retinA cream 0.05% (applying)abt 5weeks now. i'm not sure if its tht useful as when an old cyst dies, a new 1 pop up somewhere...its like wth, lol.

How long wld u guys suggest me to tolerate with retinA b4 taking accutane again?? Or shld i try benzyol peroxide(issit better than retinA)??

Thanks!!

How is the second time working out for you?

So far so good. Its much better than the first time. Like I mentioned once you've done it once you know what to expect. Like when I was on it the first time and I got a zits in my third month I was panicking! shock.gif But now I'm less worried because I know that it can still happen and by the end of the treatment most people are clear.

How much did it help you the first time?

My acne became a lot milder after the first round even when it did come back. My back was the real reason I was on tane and ever since the first round it has been clear *knock on wood* smile.gif

Do I have fewer side effects?

No, its still the same but much easier to deal with now. I mean I've done it once, so I know what to use on my lips, for my dry brittle hair etc.

Does it work faster?

It definately seems to be working faster this time. Another person has also posted in my accutane journal that for them it was working faster too. wink.gif

im on my second time to, 40mg a day, 4th week,its looking like its working really drying my acne hopefully my acne go forever this time like it happens for others because it came back as severe acne, i only had moderate before i took orotane. hopefully someone has had succes with 2nd course.

Well, I've gone through 3 rounds of Accutane so far. My first round stopped the acne for a year... then soon after I went for a second round of Accutane and it stopped the acne for about 3 years.

Then, I did a third round and that stopped it for about 7 years... however now it's back with full force again on my face, chest and head.

It's doubtful that I'll do a fourth.. in fact I doubt I'd find a doctor who would allow me to do a fourth since a lot more has been discovered about the effects of Accutane from repeated usage.

What sucks is I'm back to square zero, and I'm feeling like I did back in high school (I'm 40 in July). I don't like to go out in public, and to me, everyone is looking at what's happening on my skin.

I think I'm the small percentage of people who aren't permanently cured from Accutane as other people I know who've gone on it have been good ever since their first/second round.