Notifications
Clear all

Aloe vera gel straight from the plant

MemberMember
(@keisha)

Posted : 04/26/2005 11:39 am

Hey guys, I've been reading the post about how aloe vera helps with red marks so I started using Jason brand 98% aloe vera gel from the store. This gel kind of broke me out and also really dries my skin so i stopped using it. I found out later that my mom has an aloe vera plant so I start cutting off small portions of the leave everday and squeeze the juice onto my red marks (i dont use it on whole face, just the marks). I've being doing it for like a week now and my marks are getting lighter and lighter. I'm very excited that they are slowly fading because I've had my marks for over a year now and is too scared to do peels that might burn my skin. I'm also using proactive skin lightening cream at night just to boost the effect but I know aloe vera is the might thing helping my marks right now because i was using the lightening cream for about 6 months and it didn't do anything to my red marks until i started using aloe vera.

I know most of you think it's a big hassle getting a real plant and squeezing the juice out but really it's very simple. You can buy aloe vera plant in alot of different places and you don;t even need to water them everyday. I water them every other day and put them near sunlight. It's also easy to pinch of a small portion of the leave and the juice comes out soo easily when u squeeze it because the leave is just filled with gel. I think this regiment is very simple compare to alot of other regiment that other people have. I also try to use as little product as i can on my face. i suggest that its worth a try because it is helping for me. I'm not guranteeing at it works for everyone but it works for me and I just wanted to share. I will also post my before and after pic of my red marks soon so you guys can judge for yourself.

My regiment:

Morning

-wash face with warm water

-apply aloe vera gel straight from plant

-apply make-up if i do go out

afternoon

- apply aloe vera gel straight from plant (if I'm at home)

Evening or night

-wash face with mild cleanser to remove makeup (johnson and johnson milk cleanser)

-apply proactive skin lightening lotion before I go to sleep

See how little products I use and I don't use BP anymore because they worsen the red marks. I can stand alittle bit of pimple here and there but not red marks. Hope this works for everybody.

MemberMember
(@minnym0use)

Posted : 04/26/2005 12:32 pm

Hey guys, I've been reading the post about how aloe vera helps with red marks so I started using Jason brand 98% aloe vera gel from the store. This gel kind of broke me out and also really dries my skin so i stopped using it. I found out later that my mom has an aloe vera plant so I start cutting off small portions of the leave everday and squeeze the juice onto my red marks (i dont use it on whole face, just the marks). I've being doing it for like a week now and my marks are getting lighter and lighter. I'm very excited that they are slowly fading because I've had my marks for over a year now and is too scared to do peels that might burn my skin. I'm also using proactive skin lightening cream at night just to boost the effect but I know aloe vera is the might thing helping my marks right now because i was using the lightening cream for about 6 months and it didn't do anything to my red marks until i started using aloe vera.

I know most of you think it's a big hassle getting a real plant and squeezing the juice out but really it's very simple. You can buy aloe vera plant in alot of different places and you don;t even need to water them everyday. I water them every other day and put them near sunlight. It's also easy to pinch of a small portion of the leave and the juice comes out soo easily when u squeeze it because the leave is just filled with gel. I think this regiment is very simple compare to alot of other regiment that other people have. I also try to use as little product as i can on my face. i suggest that its worth a try because it is helping for me. I'm not guranteeing at it works for everyone but it works for me and I just wanted to share. I will also post my before and after pic of my red marks soon so you guys can judge for yourself.

My regiment:

Morning

afternoon

Evening or night

-wash face with mild cleanser to remove makeup (johnson and johnson milk cleanser)

See how little products I use and I don't use BP anymore because they worsen the red marks. I can stand alittle bit of pimple here and there but not red marks. Hope this works for everybody.

MemberMember
(@minnym0use)

Posted : 04/26/2005 12:38 pm

My regiment:

Morning

afternoon

Evening or night

MemberMember
(@minnym0use)

Posted : 04/26/2005 12:56 pm

One more thing - I have been doing a lot of reading today and I'll share this info. as it also mentions aloe vera plants. It has other good advice also.

15 Skin-Saving Secrets

Welcome... We hope you enjoy this article. Keep in mind, it was written mainly for people with acne, but there are many tips that absolutely apply to other skin conditions like wrinkles, puffiness, discoloration, and much more... These suggestions can truly transform your skin into the soft, smooth, clear complexion you've always wanted... Pass it on...

http://www.organichealthandbeauty.com/15SkinCareSecrets.html

MemberMember
(@confued)

Posted : 04/26/2005 4:56 pm

cheers for the info smile.gif

MemberMember
(@threedaysgrace)

Posted : 02/22/2014 4:12 am

i used aloe vera last night and the day before , a couple of minutes later an intense itching occurred. I even did a spot test before on my wrist and then nothing occured. So even though my face was itching like hell i stupidly decided to leave it on overnight. It was only the inflammed skin, so the cysts, whiteheads that were itching though . Aloe vera is not recommended for people with onion or garlic allergies and also on inflamed skin the aloe vera leaves a residue which can spark itching. I would suggest spot testing on an area of inflammed skin first.

To treat acne scars and inflammation another remedy i woul suggest is tamarind, which is used for asian cooking. I put raw tamarind after washing the aloe vera off and it didnt cause any problems. But for others I would recommend soaking it in water and then adding lemon juice. if you type a '' tamarind acne scar and acne recipie'' into google you can find one .

so yeah to summarise do a spot test on INFLAMMED SKIN, if itching occurs wash it off aloe vera might not be best for sensitive skin

tamarind is also an insect repellent (mosquitoes) and is good for insect bites as well i thinks its about 1.50 / 500g and can be found in tesco though its like 2 ish for 120g kinda expensive. just try these asian groceries store for a cheaper price e.g patel brothers, little india, chinese herbal stores . holland or barett might do it but it will probably be a rip off. If u r not in the uk u can try walmart which is asda in the uk i think

u can eat tamarind but i wouldnt recommend it , its incredibly sour

MemberMember
(@ward123)

Posted : 05/21/2014 6:19 pm

QUOTE(keisha @ Apr 26 2005, 11:39 AM)Hey guys, I've been reading the post about how aloe vera helps with red marks so I started using Jason brand 98% aloe vera gel from the store. This gel kind of broke me out and also really dries my skin so i stopped using it. I found out later that my mom has an aloe vera plant so I start cutting off small portions of the leave everday and squeeze the juice onto my red marks (i dont use it on whole face, just the marks). I've being doing it for like a week now and my marks are getting lighter and lighter. I'm very excited that they are slowly fading because I've had my marks for over a year now and is too scared to do peels that might burn my skin. I'm also using proactive skin lightening cream at night just to boost the effect but I know aloe vera is the might thing helping my marks right now because i was using the lightening cream for about 6 months and it didn't do anything to my red marks until i started using aloe vera. I know most of you think it's a big hassle getting a real plant and squeezing the juice out but really it's very simple. You can buy aloe vera plant in alot of different places and you don;t even need to water them everyday. I water them every other day and put them near sunlight. It's also easy to pinch of a small portion of the leave and the juice comes out soo easily when u squeeze it because the leave is just filled with gel. I think this regiment is very simple compare to alot of other regiment that other people have. I also try to use as little product as i can on my face. i suggest that its worth a try because it is helping for me. I'm not guranteeing at it works for everyone but it works for me and I just wanted to share. I will also post my before and after pic of my red marks soon so you guys can judge for yourself. My regiment:Morning -wash face with warm water-apply aloe vera gel straight from plant-apply make-up if i do go outafternoon- apply aloe vera gel straight from plant (if I'm at home)Evening or night-wash face with mild cleanser to remove makeup (johnson and johnson milk cleanser)-apply aloe vera gel straight from plant-apply proactive skin lightening lotion before I go to sleep See how little products I use and I don't use BP anymore because they worsen the red marks. I can stand alittle bit of pimple here and there but not red marks. Hope this works for everybody.

578322[/snapback]

Here's some more info:Aloe vera (Aloe barbadensis) has been recognized as a significant medicinal herb for more than 3,000 years. The Egyptian Papyrus ebers and temple walls bear testament to the use of aloe to treat burns, skin ulcers and parasites. Aloe was in such demand by the 4th century B.C., that Aristotle urged Alexander the Great to conquer the east African island of Socotra, the sole location of aloe cultivation at that time. By 1673, England began importing a steady supply of aloe from Barbados, which led to the plant's species name of barbadensis. The gel contains antibacterial and antifungal properties, and inhibits the production of thromboxane, an agent that restrains the healing of burns. Aloe is a common ingredient in many commercial preparations for treating burns, including those caused by exposure to sun and radiation. The crystalline called aloin is a natural sunscreen that blocks up to 30% of the sun's ultraviolet rays. Aloe is also effective when applied to eczema, ringworm, and rashes induced by contact with poison ivy and poison oak. Aloe vera gel stimulates the regeneration and growth of normal human cells in artificial culture. The gel also demonstrated an ability to promote healing of damaged monolayers of such cells. Other experiments have proved successful in greatly accelerating healing in patients with leg ulcerations, severe acne, and in patients who had endured full face dermabrasion. Aloe has also shown to inhibit scarring.

I absolutely agree with u!!!

I have suffered from acne since 20 years, and have gone through hell, have taken antibiotics, accutane, differin gel, creams etc etc nothing worked except homeopathy, however even with that I do suffer from an outburst of acne during my periods.

Just 2 months ago, I bought aloe vera plant for my garden, googled and found that its suppose to be good for acne, decided to make a toner with the following ingredients

Manuka honey

Organic green tea

Little bit of organic apple cider vinegar

And aloe gel from my plant

I put it in the fridge, I make just the amount to last me for 10 days, and believe me its worked miracles for my skin (which is super oily) my skin glows, have had compliments from my colleagues. Am soooo happy. I dont follow any particular diet but I have stopped taking medicines or supplements even homeopathy because I believe my body needs a break from all of this.

Just wanted to share this with u guys.

MemberMember
(@lyannastark)

Posted : 05/22/2014 8:37 am

My mum used to get me to put aloe vera on my pimples but i feel like it didn't work (they were active and crazy and all). But i think she had her info wrong and it must be something that only works on REDNESS, not active spots.

So i'm going to go shopping for an aloe vera plant tonight!

PS- i don't trust aloe vera products at all. I always seem to get a rash with i use stuff 'with aloe vera' ie deodorants, shaving creams. But the plant itself never gave me issues. Plus it's so nice and oozey and cool straight out of the friidge!.

MemberMember
(@prismexports)

Posted : 07/18/2014 8:14 am

Yes Aloe Vera leaf is Very Useful For Skin Its a Natural treatment for Skin.

MemberMember
(@sabakhurrum)

Posted : 07/19/2014 1:52 am

Hello i have been suffering from acne since a long time. Currently, I am having homeopathic treatment and it is really working for me. My acne has almost gone, some tiny pimples are left and my acne has left red marks. I have tried aloe vera gel straight from the plant, I have it in my garden. I tried it several times long time ago to cure my acne but i did not saw any results, so i stopped applying. Now I am thinking of applying aloevera gel again to get rid of my acne marks. Hope it works.