Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
purplepurple1

avoiding gluten, now clearing up

I've been on a gluten-free diet for 2 weeks and I am about 90% clear. Not only do I avoid gluten, but I have also started taking a melatonin pill (I read it is anti-imflammatory) since the other time in my life I was absolutely clear was when I started taking it. I also do the asprin mask on existing zits. I think the reason I may not be totally clear is b/c I just found out that the sauces I have been using on occasions for stir-fry's have soy sauce in them which has wheat aka gluten. What I find important is to increase the amount of anti-imflammatory foods. I've been taking fish oil supplements and a multivitamin too although that didn't clear me up alone. Good Luck!

I've been on a gluten-free diet for 2 weeks and I am about 90% clear.  Not only do I avoid gluten, but I have also started taking a melatonin pill (I read it is anti-imflammatory) since the other time in my life I was absolutely clear was when I started taking it.  I also do the asprin mask on existing zits.  I think the reason I may not be totally clear is b/c I just found out that the sauces I have been using on occasions for stir-fry's have soy sauce in them which has wheat aka gluten.  What I find important is to increase the amount of anti-imflammatory foods.  I've been taking fish oil supplements and a multivitamin too although that didn't clear me up alone.  Good Luck!

I've been on a gluten-free diet for 2 weeks and I am about 90% clear.  Not only do I avoid gluten, but I have also started taking a melatonin pill (I read it is anti-imflammatory) since the other time in my life I was absolutely clear was when I started taking it.  I also do the asprin mask on existing zits.  I think the reason I may not be totally clear is b/c I just found out that the sauces I have been using on occasions for stir-fry's have soy sauce in them which has wheat aka gluten.  What I find important is to increase the amount of anti-imflammatory foods.  I've been taking fish oil supplements and a multivitamin too although that didn't clear me up alone.  Good Luck!

Try cutting out dairy as well and see if that sorts the other 10%. A lot of people who have problems with gluten also have problems with dairy due to the damage gluten does to the body of certain individuals like myself until the body has had time to heal.

Try the diet with additional vitamin C. I found out that our intake of vitamin C is inadequate.

You must also live in comfortable surroundings -cool and not too hot. Sleep well and exercise regularly and avoid stress.

Avoid eating too many bannanas.

Grains such as rice must also be suspect and taken in very small amounts.

Multi-vitamins are fine and we need this because our modern diet is really bad. I grow fruit in my garden which I eat directly from the tree.

Drink water.

My acne has been cured with a good diet.

Try cutting out dairy as well and see if that sorts the other 10%.  A lot of people who have problems with gluten also have problems with dairy due to the damage gluten does to the body of certain individuals like myself until the body has had time to heal.

Try the diet with additional vitamin C.  I found out that our intake of vitamin C is inadequate.

You must also live in comfortable surroundings -cool and not too hot. Sleep well and exercise regularly and avoid stress.

Avoid eating too many bannanas.

Grains such as rice must also be suspect and taken in very small amounts.

Multi-vitamins are fine and we need this because our modern diet is really bad. I grow fruit in my garden which I eat directly from the tree.

Drink water.

My acne has been cured with a good diet.

It could be the melatonin that makes your skin clear to. A know a person how tock melatonin pills and her acne disapeared and then she stopped and it came back. She then started taking them once more and the pimpels went away again.

I would take it if it didn´t worry me that melatonin is a hormone.

Anna

im assuming your taking it at night.....due to the fact that its best known for a sleep aid?