Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dh79

B5 Megadose.. Pantethine maintenance?

Hey people. I haven't posted on here in a while. I hope everyone's doing well and finding success in clearing up... As for me, I've been doing fairly well since having started B5 several months ago, and I'm about ready to try to start gradually decreasing my dosage into a maintenance amount. Although I am thinking about trying to do a maintenance program with 900 to 1200 mgs of Pantethine per day, rather than 2 to 4 grams of B5, which seems to be an average for most people from what I've been reading. I can't find tons of info about Pantethine on this board, or on the web, for that matter, and I wonder if anyone has tried doing what I have described with any success? If this has already been a topic of discussion, I apologize, and a link to that thread would be great.

Thanks in advance!

-Danny

Hey,

That's a really good question. I also cleared up pretty well in 2 months with 6g of b5. I quit taking it about 6 weeks ago, and also gave up wheat, and have been able to stay pretty clear. The reason I quit was because I started to get stomach pains and I think it's the calcuim in the b5. I recently have started taking just 1g of b5 in the am and 1 at night to see if that will help keep the small clogged pores away. The inflamed zits haven't come back, but those have.

I actually did take pantethine for about a week near the beginning of my course of b5 because I got at UTI and didn't want to take b5 (because of the calcium) while I was dealing with that. It was near the beginning so I wasn't clear yet, so I don't really have any way of knowing how it worked.

Maybe I'll try the pantethine on a maintenance dose too. Let me know if you do and how it goes. The downside is that it is so much more expensive.

Hey,

That's a really good question.  I also cleared up pretty well in 2 months with 6g of b5.  I quit taking it about 6 weeks ago, and also gave up wheat, and have been able to stay pretty clear.  The reason I quit was because I started to get stomach pains and I think it's the calcuim in the b5.    I recently have started taking just 1g of b5 in the am and 1 at night to see if that will help keep the small clogged pores away.  The inflamed zits haven't come back, but those have. 

I actually did take pantethine for about a week near the beginning of my course of b5 because I got at UTI and didn't want to take b5 (because of the calcium) while I was dealing with that.  It was near the beginning so I wasn't clear yet, so I don't really have any way of knowing how it worked. 

Maybe I'll try the pantethine on a maintenance dose too.  Let me know if you do and how it goes.  The downside is that it is so much more expensive.

Currently just using 2 Grams of TIMED RELEASED type of pantothenic acid B5 tablets 1000mg each and they seem to be working fine

Just a note if your taking like 4GR of the regular or more your body doesn't absorb as much but if it's timed released your body absorbs it all since its all time related!!!!

I just buy mine at the health store 60 Tabs for $11.99 but found somewhere cheaper 90 tabs for $14.49 these are Swiss Brand Timed-released

Just taking 2 a day until i get clear skin so far im on day 4 alright results but waiting for a miracle HOPEFULLY

Well good luck!!

That site you showed is pretty expensive just for 300MG for the caps

iceboi,

did you get this in Ontario? I was going to order time released capsuls of B5 through the internet - but if there available in Canada I'll buy them here. I live somewhat close to Toronto.

iceboi,

did you get this in Ontario? I was going to order time released capsuls of B5 through the internet - but if there available in Canada I'll buy them here. I live somewhat close to Toronto.

Oh didn't read the topic right!!

Sorry i do not know where to get Pantethine cheap in fact i never seen it anywhere or it didn't show out!!

You should probably check a health store it might be cheaper and more MG than on the internet since you have to pay for shipping as well....