Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicolej

Isologen - reactions / down time

Hi,

I'm being treated by Dr Chu in London. I had subcision a few weeks ago and I'm due for Isologen injections in June. I read about Hen's experience, which I think is rare, but can anyone else let me know how their skin looked in the few days following injections. Did anyone else have any swelling or is it just redness like the Isologen blurb says. The way things are arranged now, I have a meeting 48 hrs after my injection appointment, Eeek!

Hen if you are still reading this board how are your scars looking now? Have you had any other treatments? Would you recommend Isologen to others?

Hi,

I'm being treated by Dr Chu in London. I  had subcision a few weeks ago and I'm due for Isologen injections in June. I read about Hen's experience, which I think is rare, but can anyone else let me know how their skin looked in the few days following injections. Did anyone else have any swelling or is it just redness like the Isologen blurb says. The way things are arranged now, I have a meeting 48 hrs after my injection appointment, Eeek!

Hen if you are still reading this board how are your scars looking now? Have you had any other treatments? Would you recommend Isologen to others?

Here's a link to all the threads on isolagen on the scar board: You might like to look through these,

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...ghlite=isolagen

Please let us know how you're getting on when you've had the treatment! How did your subcision go?

Also, I hope you don't mind me asking, but is the Isolagen costing you around £3,700 now? I was originally going to have it done myself, when it was £2,500 but there is no way I can afford the extra money since it's gone up in price, unfortunately. sad.gif

Hi,

I'm being treated by Dr Chu in London. I  had subcision a few weeks ago and I'm due for Isologen injections in June. I read about Hen's experience, which I think is rare, but can anyone else let me know how their skin looked in the few days following injections. Did anyone else have any swelling or is it just redness like the Isologen blurb says. The way things are arranged now, I have a meeting 48 hrs after my injection appointment, Eeek!

I decided Dr Chu was my man after reading this message board. I've had scars since my 20's now coming up to 45 and feel it's now or never! I realise I'm never going to have perfect skin but scars seem to look worse as you get older. I paid £2,500 for the Isologen treatment - just managed to get my biopsy done before prices went up - and I get the new quantity in 2 sets of injections.

Dr C recomended combination of TCA Cross, Isologen and Subsicion as I have a mixture of scars. Small icepicks on my cheeks and rolling scars on the sides of my face.

I had Subcision a 4 weeks ago - here's how it went: Immediately after I looked pretty rosy and a bit swollen, had spent around 1 hr sitting around drinking coffeee and sipping water feeling very light headed (the effect of the anaesthetic) before feeling OK to drive - then had to drive 200 miles. Had the following 2 days 'out of circulation' and felt presentable enough to continue as normal (with the help of some estee lauder 'double wear' make up - don't usually go in for heavy make up as I find it accentuates the scars - this covered bruising which looked pretty bad for 1 week but had almost disapeared after 2 weeks. Now in 4th week I must say that the rolling scars do appear less noticable - but i guess I need to wait longer for the true result to show.

Floridaguy - those pictures on your link look a bit too good to be true don't they??

I decided Dr Chu was my man after reading this message board. I've had scars since my 20's now coming up to 45 and feel it's now or never! I realise I'm never going to have perfect skin but scars seem to look worse as you get older. I paid £2,500 for the Isologen treatment - just managed to get my biopsy done before prices went up - and I get the new quantity in 2 sets of injections.

Dr C recomended combination of TCA Cross, Isologen and Subsicion as I have a mixture of scars. Small icepicks on my cheeks and rolling scars on the sides of my face.

I had Subcision a 4 weeks ago - here's how it went: Immediately after I  looked pretty rosy and a bit swollen, had spent around 1 hr sitting around drinking coffeee and sipping water feeling very light headed (the effect of the anaesthetic) before feeling OK to drive - then had to drive 200 miles. Had the following 2 days 'out of circulation' and felt presentable enough to continue as normal (with the help of some estee lauder 'double wear' make up -  don't usually go in for heavy make up as I find it accentuates the scars - this covered bruising which looked pretty bad for 1 week but had almost disapeared after 2 weeks. Now in 4th week I must say that the rolling scars do appear less noticable - but i guess I need to wait longer for the true result to show.

Floridaguy - those pictures on your link look a bit too good to be true don't they??

I had another look at those pics on the Australian web site and there is definitely something wrong here. Take a look at the woman's eye, 2nd row first picture. Look at the way her mascara clumps her eyelashes together, each individual eyelash is in exactly the same position in each picture! I 'm sure these pictures were taken on the same day. What a let down!

At this stage I don't want to get my hopes too high. Dr C said some people only get a 30% improvement. He didn't show me before and afters for the reason that they can be misleading. I trust this Dr and I don't think he has anything to hide! I'll let you know how I get on.

I had another look at those pics on the Australian web site and there is definitely something wrong here. Take a look at the woman's eye, 2nd row first picture. Look at the way her mascara clumps her eyelashes together, each individual eyelash is in exactly the same position in each picture! I 'm sure these pictures were taken on the same day. What a let down!

At this stage I don't want to get my hopes too high. Dr C said some people only get a 30% improvement. He didn't show me before and afters for the reason that they can be misleading. I trust this Dr and I don't think he has anything to hide!  I'll let you know how I get on.

At this stage I don't want to get my hopes too high. Dr C said some people only get a 30% improvement. He didn't show me before and afters for the reason that they can be misleading. I trust this Dr and I don't think he has anything to hide!  I'll let you know how I get on.

Don't ever judge any treatment by a picture from clinics trying to sell the product,as they will be doctored.

Hi,

Thanks for posting again Hen, good to hear that your scars have improved. Hope you have got over the trauma of your allergic reaction! Do you think maybe it is because you are vegan that you reacted? your body not being used to any animal products? I admit was more than a little shocked to realise that there was a beef component to the Isologen culture medium!

Are you normally an 'allergic' kind of person? Do you react to pollen, dust, cat scratches, that type of thing?

Interesting that it seems you need both subcision and isologen to get a good result.

I will keep my results posted over the next few months.

I'm having 6 vials of Isolagen done along with Subcision by Dr Chu in June and July. Am also planning to let him do some TCA-Cross and a couple of sessions of N-Lite, just to complete the package. I have fairly mild scarring on my forehead and temples (mainly rolling, with some boxscars), so am praying Isolagen is the silver-bullet - or as near as, given how difficult scars are to fix.

I certainly agree with hen - it IS ludicrously expensive...but I have full faith in Dr Chu, and though I considered it, I would just be too chicken to go through with Dermabrasion or Exoderm.

~ Kolobos

I'm having 6 vials of Isolagen done along with Subcision by Dr Chu in June and July. Am also planning to let him do some TCA-Cross and a couple of sessions of N-Lite, just to complete the package. I have fairly mild scarring on my forehead and temples (mainly rolling, with some boxscars), so am praying Isolagen is the silver-bullet - or as near as, given how difficult scars are to fix.

I certainly agree with hen - it IS ludicrously expensive...but I have full faith in Dr Chu, and though I considered it, I would just be too chicken to go through with Dermabrasion or Exoderm.

~ Kolobos

Floridaguy,

I think you're right - both Aquamid and Bioalcamid have been approved for the UK. However, personally, I don't really like the idea of having any un-natural filler injected into my skin...though I know a lot of other people would not be bothered by this. I guess, having heard stories about even these fillers shifting position over time, I just wouldn't feel happy about it. Both are certainly far more affordable options than Isolagen, though.

Also, I have a lot of rolling scars, and (correct me if I'm wrong), but I don't 'think' that Aquamid and Bioalcamid would be all that suitable for this type of scarring. For boxscars (and certainly icepicks), you'd probably get more of a guarantee of improvement, than with Isolagen, though.

I will ask Dr Chu next time I see him - as I must admit, I'm also kind of curious as to what he thinks of these permanent fillers...

~ Kolobos

Floridaguy,

I think you're right - both Aquamid and Bioalcamid have been approved for the UK. However, personally, I don't really like the idea of having any un-natural filler injected into my skin...though I know a lot of other people would not be bothered by this. I guess, having heard stories about even these fillers shifting position over time, I just wouldn't feel happy about it. Both are certainly far more affordable options than Isolagen, though.

Also, I have a lot of rolling scars, and (correct me if I'm wrong), but I don't 'think' that Aquamid and Bioalcamid would be all that suitable for this type of scarring. For boxscars (and certainly icepicks), you'd probably get more of a guarantee of improvement, than with Isolagen, though.

I will ask Dr Chu next time I see him - as I must admit, I'm also kind of curious as to what he thinks of these permanent fillers...

~ Kolobos

I think the new fillers stay put (the only real problem is a slight chance of infection months or years down the Road) If I were to have this done I would have a supply of antibiotics already in stock in my medicine cabinet and use them the first sign of redness (and then call a doctor).  There is risk with everything worthwhile and I am just not sure 30-40% improvement at that cost is worth while For isalogen.  Thanks for your help and keep us Yanks posted on your improvements from Isalogen and what ever you hear about the long term fillers

I've had the isolagen/subsicion/n-lite package with dr chu and have been doing TCA cross myself. See the old isolagen threads for my results. It must be 2 yrs since I first saw dr chu for isolagen and I am still really pleased. I hardly visit the boards now because I'm so confident about my skin. (I do still have acne scarring, the scars are still there albeit more shallow and smaller, but the improvement has been tremendous. By the way, I've had subcision 7 times and it's been worth it every time. Some scars don't respond until after a few subcisions.