Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My husband of four years has large hard lumps on his back with a black head pretty much in the middle. My husband is 35yrs. When I have gotten all the "hard" puss out that I can, there is then a empty like hole. This hole that the hard puss has come out of , I can stick a pin in as far as I wanted to and he can feel nothing but pressure. Plus, after getting all the "very hard" puss out that I can, it is still hard all around the hole. Some are larger than others. I forgot to mention that the last of the puss is more rubbery like a rubber band. He has around four on his back&no where else on his body. They have been there as long as I have known him. No one seems to know exactly what they are. Nor precribed anything that has helped.

Thank you! wacko.gif

Kimberly

Hi Kimberly,

What you described sounds like what my dad suffered with for as long as I can remember. Has your husband seen a Dermatologist? That's what I would recommend.

I don't know if my dad ever saw a dermatologist, but I can remember his back being covered with those, he would try to sun his back as much as possible, but this was way back when, you understand. I don't think sun is really recommended now for this.

But I would recommend he see a good dermatologist and see what he/she can recommend.

I have no clue what your husband has. Normally cystic acne, or at least the ones I get, are red with no black centre. Sometimes there are no centres, and sometimes they're white. And when you sgueeze a cyst, (not that you should ever do that), the pimple will go down a little, and wont stay in the way you're describing. So your husband either has some really weird acne or another skin condition...a dermatologist will probably know.

My husband of four years has large hard lumps on his back with a black head pretty much in the middle.  My husband is 35yrs.  When I have gotten all the "hard" puss out that I can, there is then a empty like hole.  This hole that the hard puss has come out of , I can stick a pin in as far as I wanted to and he can feel nothing but pressure.  Plus, after getting all the "very hard" puss out that I can, it is still hard all around the hole.  Some are larger than others.  I forgot to mention that the last of the puss is more rubbery like a rubber band.  He has around four on his back&no where else on his body.  They have been there as long as I have known him.  No one seems to know exactly what they are.  Nor precribed anything that has helped. 

Thank you! wacko.gif

Kimberly