Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jersey85

just as good moisturizer as eucerin?

ive been using the eucerin moisturizer but its so shiny that i always have to pat down my face afterwards causing unnecessary irritation. if u have used eucerin and prefer another moisturizer that works just as well except without the shinyness, please let me know! thanks

ive been using the eucerin moisturizer but its so shiny that i always have to pat down my face afterwards causing unnecessary irritation.  if u have used eucerin and prefer another moisturizer that works just as well except without the shinyness, please let me know! thanks

I use Dove Essentials Day lotion for senstive skin. I think you can get a version with a sunscreen but I use the one without as I have found sunscreens make me break out. But my skin really seems to like this cream and it doesn't get too shiny through the day either.

I've tried a few different moisturizers with SPF and the only on that doesn't make my skin shiny and greasy is Dove Essentials Day Lotion with SPF 15. I don't know what makes it different from the others but I don't have to "de-grease" my face after using it. In the beginning of the Regimen I even applied it up to 5 times a day to calm my flaking skin and it didn't make me oily.

Try a few different kinds till you find one you like.

smile.gif

Are you on the lowest strength of eucerin there is co sum of em are really strong and very oily but others are really quite light and pretty weak.

Yeah i noticed this too. I mean it looks like every moisturizer with spf 15 that is listed for the regimen is making their face oily. I read mostly all the reviews for them on the product rating page.

Dove is not oil free, and one of the main ingriedients is cetyl alcohol, a known pore clogger. use it at your own risk.

Does the oily/shiny look of the moisturizer actually make your skin worse? or is it just a visual thing? I notice it looks quite shiny on my skin too, and feels a little greasy, but I hope it isnt making my acne worse.

Does the oily/shiny look of the moisturizer actually make your skin worse? or is it just a visual thing? I notice it looks quite shiny on my skin too, and feels a little greasy, but I hope it isnt making my acne worse.

Yeah thats what I'm kinda wondering too. Can this oil /shine make acne worse. Sometimes I don't even think its the eurcerin but the BP itself. I use Dan's bp gel. One night I tryed to experiment by not putting any moisturizer at night. Then the next morning my face was still just as shiny as when I have the moisturizer on. I don't use bp in the morning thought. I just use moisturizer in the morning and I seem to still get the same shine. Maybe its just my skin...

Actually I have the same problem with Eucerin SPF15 Eucerin Lotion. It doesn't make acne worse. But when I use this, after a few hours, my face became very shiny and oily(not due to sebum). Is "Eucerin Skin Renewal Day Lotion" the same as "Eucerin Renewal Alpha Hydroxy Lotion"? I am using "Eucerin Renewal Alpha Hydroxy Lotion" for several days back. Which one is the realy dan's recommended Moisturizer?