Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Married2AGamer

HE HAD TO CUT

i had a cyst for like two week even after a coritizone shot it didnt go down so i went back to the derm he told me he had to cut it.so wheni got home and seen it i almost died .its like a open cut.i put neosprin on it and a bandaid i hope this will heal.anyone ever had this done?if so what did you do to make it heal faster?

i had a cyst for like two week even after a coritizone shot it didnt go down so i went back to the derm he told me he had to cut it.so wheni got home and seen it i almost died .its like a open cut.i put neosprin on it and a bandaid i hope this will heal.anyone ever had this done?if so what did you do to make it heal faster?

That sucks!! Have you tried Amino-plex spray? That's supposed to be healing.

I've never had a cyst cut but I've had electrocaogolation on a wart-like thing on my forehead and it literally let a hole in my skin, I got scared when I looked in the mirror. I had to put some antibiotic ointment on it for a week and it healed up pretty well without letting a scar (but the wart-like thing came back, too cry.gif ).

And when I healed after CO2 laser resurfacing, my doctor told me that the best way to avoid getting new scars and to help the old ones to fill in is to not let any scabs form (she said that under a scab new skin cannot grow). It's what I did (with vaseline all the time on my face and massaging when I'd felt that a scab started to form) and I got no new scars and the old scars are filling in nicely.

Maybe it helped you smile.gif

Never heard of this.

I've had cysts for a month that kept reappearing every month. It eventually went away and left huge scars.

Cutting it out would only mean chunks of skin/tissue missing and gaping holes.

no he didnt cut it out he made a small slice to drain it.he said if i would have let it go the cyst would only grow deeper.i had went the week b4 for a cortizone shot in the same place but it came back.it seems to be getting better .please i dont want another scar.that was the first thing i told the derm .he says no but only time will tell.

I had one opened up today...did they numb it with somekind of injection and then slice it open and try to get out the cystic mass??? Did they take some tweezer like instrument and try to break it up and then try to pull the a part of the sack away from the skin?? I know lots of questions, I'm sorry...that's what my doc did today and has also done three other times and it will heal just fine..you may have a very small scar that looks like and oversized pore, but your skin will grow back and it shouldn't take too long. Did they put more of the cortizone/steriod back in it to calm the inflammation??

My cysts last for 6-8 months at times, getting bigger and then going down, it sucks I know

I'm the cystic king with cysts all over my body, even my groins and especially my butt!!

But I've left them and they leave large scars like large pores. I've never had them cut. Sometimes, when the cyst surfaced with a whitehead, I would pop it with a needle. Overall, leaving it alone, cutting it - they all leave some scarring.