Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
simply

How much do y'all spend on Accutane?

My insurance does not cover any kind of prescription medication. I was wondering how much most people spend per month. What is the cheapest generic? Sotret? What are some other generics to look into?

Any reliable websites that sell cheap isotretinoin (with a prescription, of course)?

My derm wants to put me on Accutane, but my mom is balking at the price. (I told her what I'd heard: brand name is, on average, about $2,000 for the entire treatment. Correct?)

might be even cheaper.. my prescription receipt says 130 for accutane roche.. thats for 30 40mg pills.. my health plan covers this so only pay 9 bucks each time//

might be even cheaper..  my prescription receipt says 130 for accutane roche..  thats for 30 40mg pills..  my health plan covers this so only pay 9 bucks each time//

with my insurance, brand name Accutane is about $300 per month (60mg/day: 3 packs of 20mg pills, 3 packs of 40mg pills). Generics on my plan would have only been about $70 for a month supply.

So for my entire 5-month course, with doc visits and lab fees, my treatment will be about $2000.

Keep in mind that I'm 29 and many insurance plans won't pay for Accutane for anyone over 25! This is why I'm paying so much for the med. I've heard some people pay only $50-100 for a month of Accutane.

I pay 50 shekels for a box (30 pills X 20 mg)

thats about 12$. i know it costs 1.5 times without any insurance.

You guys are really lucky. The ONLY thing that hinders me from going on with my (Ro)accutane treatment is the money. I'm like halfway through and I've already expended around$1,500 because they have absolutely no generic medication here as far as I'm concerned :S (U.A.E)