Notifications
Clear all

Diane 35

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 04/25/2005 8:19 pm

Hi,

I've been on Diane 35 for 5 weeks now. Let me tell, u I broke out soooooo badly the first 2 weeks. Then I even found out that I have severe allergies to grass and trees so that was also contributing to my breakout. LUCKY ME eusa_wall.gif Anyways, recently I've started noticing an improvement. I only got 2 new ones, before I used to get 7 or 8 all at once. (watch I just jinxed myself) I have soooo many scars though. I've also notice I have many tiny bumps in between my eyes and my chin. Honestly, I would rather the little ones then those painful cysts. I hope I'm on the road to recovery. My doctor estimated I wouldn't see results until 6-8 weeks. Anyways, I would appreciate any feedback good or bad.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@iceboi)

Posted : 04/25/2005 11:21 pm

I read a lot about this is this some sort of birth control pills or what is it?

Can males go on it or just women?

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 04/26/2005 12:06 pm

I read a lot about this is this some sort of birth control pills or what is it?

Can males go on it or just women?

MemberMember
(@mrrreeow)

Posted : 04/26/2005 3:47 pm

I'm thinking of going on it since Ortho Tri-cyclen hasn't really been helpful.

Probably next week.

I'm not sure how well it works though.

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 04/28/2005 6:09 pm

You know............I don't know how to react to this pill because obviously everyone is different. There are people who have no side effects and others that experience a good majority. I had none. eusa_dance.gif There are others who experience no initial breakout and others like myself, have the breakout from hell. mad.gif I have yet to see clear skin. I wonder if that really exists? LOL

This is my 5th week on Diane 35, I have 3 new scabs b/c I picked and a whole bunch of little pimples on my cheeks and chin. I would rather however have little pimples then big, ugly cysts but it's my fault with the scabs. I can't help touching my face. I'm like a little kid. Anyways, does anyone know a good cream that can help to get rid of scars? Any imput is sooo appreciated.

MemberMember
(@arya)

Posted : 04/30/2005 10:05 pm

well, i was on it for 5 months. it helped a bit, but i was still getting cysts that scar. so i am now on accutane. i'm so dry lol!! diane was pricey and i don't know how well it helped. I was also really sick of getting scars for every pimple, so I went on accutane. And the other reason was because I've heard a lot of people say they're clear on it while they're taking it, but once they come off, it's back to the same thing.

if you have any specific questions, just PM me. I'd be happy to help!! biggrin.gif

P.S: do you mean red marks or actual scars? coz i would say no creams will help scars, but there are many things to help with the hyperpigmentation (red marks).

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 05/01/2005 4:22 pm

well, i was on it for 5 months. it helped a bit, but i was still getting cysts that scar. so i am now on accutane. i'm so dry lol!! diane was pricey and i don't know how well it helped. I was also really sick of getting scars for every pimple, so I went on accutane. And the other reason was because I've heard a lot of people say they're clear on it while they're taking it, but once they come off, it's back to the same thing.

if you have any specific questions, just PM me. I'd be happy to help!!  biggrin.gif

P.S: do you mean red marks or actual scars? coz i would say no creams will help scars, but there are many things to help with the hyperpigmentation (red marks).

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 05/04/2005 9:02 pm

Just finished week 6. I've notice a slight improvement in my skin. Although, I thought I was finally clearing and 3 new ones appeared. I'm hoping they will disapper by tomorrow. My doctor said I should start seeing results in 6-8 weeks. Well, tomorrow is week 7 and like I said I see slight improvements. Thank GOD I'm not doing the major breakout out any more (I hope I didn't jinx myself by typing that). My scars are slightly fading as well. So hopefully, this is the beginning of clearer skin eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@arya)

Posted : 05/06/2005 11:01 pm

Just finished week 6.  I've notice a slight improvement in my skin.  Although, I thought I was finally clearing and 3 new ones appeared.  I'm hoping they will disapper by tomorrow.  My doctor said I should start seeing results in 6-8 weeks.  Well, tomorrow is week 7 and like I said I see slight improvements.  Thank GOD I'm not doing the major breakout out any more (I hope I didn't jinx myself by typing that).  My scars are slightly fading as well.  So hopefully, this is the beginning of clearer skin eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@vanessa)

Posted : 05/07/2005 11:55 am

i was on diane for years and it worked great for me.

hope it does for you too! smile.gif

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 05/07/2005 3:29 pm

i was on diane for years and it worked great for me.

hope it does for you too! smile.gif

MemberMember
(@vanessa)

Posted : 05/07/2005 5:32 pm

you know, I really don't remember - I started taking it years ago.

I'm glad you're starting to clear though.

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 05/08/2005 2:46 pm

Updating u on my lovely acne journey.....

This marks week 7, so it's my pms week. Yippi for me, I can already feel a breakout coming. 4 sure I'm due for a few big ones. Anyways, I was in Yorkdale this morning with my mom and I went to the body shop. While in there I was inquiring about Tea Tree oil, to see if it was any good. She said no b.c it dry out the skin. Then she replied that my face looks fine. She doesn't see a breakout. It just a little dry around the acne scabs. WHen I heard that I was like smile.gif . My mom was see that's exactly what I've been trying to tell u. Needless to say, I still have numerous scars and small little pimple on 1 cheek and chin. So maybe this is it, maybe I'm on the road to recovery.

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 05/09/2005 6:45 pm

I sooo jinxed myself. Today was the first day in 2 months that I held my head up high and I was okay with the scars on my face. A collegue even mention that I've been looking better. smile.gif Which I soooo appreciated. But then I got home and realized that I got 3 new zits. The good thing is 1 is in a weird spot so it won't get huge just as long as I don't pick on it, the other is on my chin with all the lovely other scars (this one is kind of big). The 1 that sucks is the one smack dab in the middle of my cheek where I haven't had a zit in weeks. So guess which 1 shows the most!!! I hate this but as I stated in my previous post it was expected after all this is my period week. I haven't gotten the stupid thing yet but who knows what lovely other zits my period is going to bring me. I HATE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could I not have had no zits so at least the scars can go away. But that would probably only happen in a perfect world. eusa_wall.gif

MemberMember
(@vanessa)

Posted : 05/10/2005 9:42 am

Aw, I know just how you feel. sad.gif

Hey, what are you using on your face? I think you can use BP/SA etc while you're on Diane-35. So at least you could spot-treat those zits.

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 05/10/2005 5:04 pm

Aw, I know just how you feel. sad.gif

Hey, what are you using on your face? I think you can use BP/SA etc while you're on Diane-35. So at least you could spot-treat those zits.

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 05/12/2005 9:43 pm

Entering week 8. Well, this week, all u saw were my ugly brownish scars. I had 2 pms zits which were a given because of the time of the month. But the good thing is that they were small. I've noticed lately I have a lot more black heads and small bumps, that never seem to disappear. I'll take those over ugly big zits any day. My collegues at work see an improvement in my skin as well. So hopefully the scars will fade and my zits will decrease. I guess only time will tell. The thing that I've been realizing is that sometimes we are our worst critics what we may preceive as disgusting might not all be that bad.

MemberMember
(@vanessa)

Posted : 05/13/2005 9:30 am

excellent, toz, I'm glad your skin is looking better. If I recall, that is approximately how my skin was while on Diane. I always broke out a little right before my period.

The scars will fade with time (I guess they're not indented?) and you can easily cover them with concealer. I use MAC.

MemberMember
(@guardedlyoptimistic)

Posted : 05/13/2005 11:40 pm

If you have cystic acne, I would suggest looking into accutane. Diane isn't an all that safe drug. You should do an internet search on it.

Good luck,

GO

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 05/14/2005 3:25 pm

If you have cystic acne, I would suggest looking into accutane. Diane isn't an all that safe drug. You should do an internet search on it.

Good luck,

GO

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 05/14/2005 3:32 pm

HI all, as always here's an update. I'm on week 8 and no change really. I have just tiny bumps on my skin and of course the scars. So as I said before I hope I'm starting on the right path to clear skin. Anyways, I just wanted to share something with u. When I first started the pill I notice a little weight gain, especially in the boob area. I was sooo happy, b.c I'm usually flat as a board. Well, as I tok the pill I also drank a lot of green tea. I drank it at least 3-5 times a week. Well, the past week people have been asking me and telling me that it looks like I lost weight. I kind of noticed it too b/c my boobs went back to their normal size, which sucks. But anyways, I then read that green tea speeds up ur metabolism and helps u loose weight. So, my point to this thread is: If ur afraid of gaining weight on this pill just drink green tea!!! I now only drink it once a week, b/c really if I loose anymore weight I'll look extremely sick. It tastes like crap really. I drink it really fast when it's really hot b/c I can't stand it when it's cooling off. I also drink the decaf one because it contains caffeine. I just wanted to share

MemberMember
(@vanessa)

Posted : 05/14/2005 5:42 pm

yeah, I lost weight and got bigger boobs on this pill.

I'm glad your skin still looks good!

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 05/21/2005 4:21 pm

HI ALL

This is the begining of Week 9 Well, I broke out on Mon...3 ugly huge zits. Two were on my chin and 1 on my jaw line. So needles to say, I wasn't too happy, especially since Wed was my b-day. Anyways, the 3 zits are now scabs as a result of my constant picking. I know I know I need to stop. This might sound weird but I think I've been breaking out as a result of drinking green tea. The last time I drank it (2 weeks ago) I broke out and then I drank it again on Sun(last week) and I woke up on Mon with 3 new zits. It sucks b/c green tea is good for u. Not to mention it helped shed those extra pounds I gained taking the pill. So I think I'm going to lay off of drinking green tea for a while just to clear myself up and then try it again to see. On another positive note, the scars on my cheek seem to be fading. So at least outside in the sunshine they don't look so noticeable. Oh Ya, as u know Diane 35, has been deemed a bad b/p pill because it can cause a higher chance of blood clots. Well, I went to my dr and she checked me over, everything is ok. She said that the more active I am, the more I exercise and eat right, the less likely it can occur.

MemberMember
(@janedoeonaccutane)

Posted : 05/24/2005 12:01 am

I was on D35 for years and recently stopped. BIG MISTAKE! After stopping Diane 35 I broke out horribly. So now I'm on accutane. doubt.gif

I've tried all sorts of BCP - Alesse, ortho tricyclen.. and Diane35 is the one with the least side effects and most effective on my acne. Though I still got some breakouts on Diane35, they weren't severe at all. I recommend it. But just be VERY VERY careful when u take it for a long time then decide to stop taking it, chances are your acne will get a lot worse.

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 05/28/2005 9:42 pm

WEEK 10.....u know my week 9 was a lot better. I ended up breaking out. Well, not as bad as it used to be. But I still ended up with a few little pimples and not to mention I still have the tiny skin coloured bumps on 1 side of my chin. My scars however on 1 of my cheeks are so faded and a few on my chin are disappearing as well. Compared to how I was when I first started this pill, I'm BETTER, but still not 100.% I'm keeping my fingers crossed b/c this week is my last week before my period and I'm so scared to even see what ugly period zits will appear on my face